Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone verify success with this modification? Looking for cleanest solution.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate your info, did mine a bit different, but end result the same. Noticed some improvement on hot starts and idle. Along with the fenderwell CAI, voltage stabilizer, throttle body heater bypass, numerous sensor replacements, plugs and Taylor 8mm wires, the engine is much happier than when I got it. Catback dual will be next, then PCM upgrade. I cannot stand the tranny dropping into overdrive at 45-50mph in drive.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Catback dual will be next, then PCM upgrade. I cannot stand the tranny dropping into overdrive at 45-50mph in drive.

Thanks.

Sure thing!
I agree about the OD. 55 at the lowest for me when I get a tune. Fortunately I can drive to ZZP and have them dyno it and all that fun stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shift kit worth the time? I just changed the fluid and filter and am kicking myself in the ass for not putting in a drain plug.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Yes absolutely yes. And the Dorman pan with the plug is a must too. While you’re there, do the lube tube retainer as well.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
IMG_4649.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

What setup are you thinking for catback?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts