1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
I have the 3rd set that you have posted, an they were on my car for 1 1/2 years and I absolutly loved them.. they came plug and play, the halos can be seen in the sunlight, an the stock bulbs are excellent out in the boons where I live.. I took them apart to make duel projectors, but the cold got here before I could finish sealing them up so I'm running my stock headlights until it gets warmer...

I give them 110%

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 3rd set that you have posted, an they were on my car for 1 1/2 years and I absolutly loved them.. they came plug and play, the halos can be seen in the sunlight, an the stock bulbs are excellent out in the boons where I live.. I took them apart to make duel projectors, but the cold got here before I could finish sealing them up so I'm running my stock headlights until it gets warmer...

I give them 110%
Dual projectors would be the $hit! How much is it gonna cost ya? And its not a bad price if ya ask me. Ccfl, not the junk led halo. They look like modded stockers too if ya ask me.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anybody ran 55 watt hids with aftermarket projectors? I just wanna do the lows...

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Yes I believe a few have, but there's no true benefit over 35w and IIRC there were some melting issues.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I believe a few have, but there's no true benefit over 35w and IIRC there were some melting issues.
Melting is what I was worried about. I thought 55 watt would be brighter

In stock housing my 6000k 35watt (yes I'm one of those "ASSHOLES" running in reflector housings :giggle:) the difference is day and night. I see better with my hid lows that hologen highs. I have always had a problem driving at night with my astigmatism until now. I figured with the difference I have now projectors will take it to the next level.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
55w is a little brighter, but it will melt a plastic housing.

Reactions: SCOTTYINWV

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll play is safe with 35watt, and will probably add a relay harness :eek:k3:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank god your done being that asshole with hids in the halogen housing
i hate people like you:beer:
Gee thanks Ej :lol: .

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$231.88 aint a bad price tag for the 2 either its between that or a indy ss grill

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts

That's exaxtly why I got the ones from the scrap yard for $30, the lenses were burnt cause the last owner had too hot of an hid bulb.. I looked forever for another cheap set where I could salvage the lenses but I had no luck, hence the extra set of projectors I have installed on my CCFLs

Damn this cold weather

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
i love my 5000k hids

i got hids off ebay for $20
made my own hid relay harness for $4 in materials and 30min worth of work and havent had a problem since i got them 10 months ago.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i love my 5000k hids

i got hids off ebay for $20
made my own hid relay harness for $4 in materials and 30min worth of work and havent had a problem since i got them 10 months ago.
Not having a Relay harness could be F$%king mine up..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts