Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
corvette lt1 engine, and 6speed in a little cavalier.
Would have to do a lot of fabrication of corse.
Make it rear wheel drive.

but if a 4.0l northstar can fit . and people said it never can be done... an lt1 WILL ALSO FIT! but how! lol what would you need all that stuff u know what im saying and asking for.

A have a friend that put an LT1 engine in a Pontiac feiro, and that little fcker iS FASSTT goes over 200mph... 8second car

So what do you thinkk?
Im gonna do it myself and much as possible..

I have few different friends who have all the toys to do this job alsoo
CT, your not getting the point in doing this project..... if i was gonne be like everybody else, i would just buy a corvette with an lt1, or buy a camaro with a 350 in it.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would put those ideas to rest. Fabrication is an understatement for what it would take to do the swap. A pontiac fiero is a different animal from a cavalier as they are mid-engined and rear wheel drive. They also make kits for fieros to do this swap. To make it rear wheel drive you would have to basically make a new car. Even most veteran fabricators and gear heads cannot do this and wouldn't waste the time or the money.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Can it be done? You bet! Does it seem smart? Not at all. When you get done you would have a GTO. I would not go with LTx if i were doing it. Why not go with an LSx based platform? Better mileage and more power. A 6 speed auto in a cavi would be off the chain though I would admit :)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
saw 2 @ Milan last friday, on was a 90's z24 SBX, the other was a newer J body SBC, wish i wouldve gotten pix....
BTW both were tube cars ;)

FWIW, guy that lives by me swapped in a 3800 SC into his Jbody, ran 11.82, this year its going to be a t76 3800, same car, I'll see if i can dig up some pix/vids this weekend
that would be a MUCH easier swap

http://www.3800pro.com/forum/fwd-3800-engine-swaps/3041-3800-cavalier.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts