Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 03 Impala LS, but need to do something with that reflecter/tail light thing they tryed to style back there. Please give me some help before I sell it and get a Grand Prix. Can some of that reflector be painted?

·
Banned
667 Posts
I love my 03 Impala LS, but need to do something with that reflecter/tail light thing they tryed to style back there. Please give me some help before I sell it and get a Grand Prix. Can some of that reflector be painted?
Legally you can not paint (excluding the body color)or tint your tail lights, as that may result in a fix it ticket. Only option is to get the factory covers,factory tinted tail lights from 04,05, After market covers(center part is not available in a after market part) or the cheaper vinyl cover.

2 centers and two compete set

Price ranges from 229(center part only) to 325(for compete set ) that i seen on ebay

Attachments

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
The only reflectors in the back as far as I know are in the lamps itself... how is that so horrible?

·
Banned
667 Posts
The only reflectors in the back as far as I know are in the lamps itself... how is that so horrible?
I think hes talking about the red bar

I forgot the LSX trunk tail light cover will work also this will cover the reflector on the trunk were the back up lights are.

·
Banned
667 Posts
if its not a light or reflector legally you can paint or tint it whatever color you want.
LSX cover is a option if he can find one. But it's practically impossible though, unless you steal one. So technically he can cover the reflector. That is a expensive loop hole. he will still need the LS/SS left and right cover though.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
I think hes talking about the red bar

I forgot the LSX trunk tail light cover will work also this will cover the reflector on the trunk were the back up lights are.
I still don't understand, what red bar? Are you talking about the trunk panel itself? The only reflector is the oval reverse part.. same goes for the brake lights

I ended up painting all 4 oval reflectors on mine cause I think the quads look stupid if they are not all identical

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I see tons of car's with tinted tails around here. No problems with law enforcement for me. Sure it's illegal but, the likely hood of getting a ticket for it, slim to none. Law enforcement has bigger concerns like speeders and wreckless drivers. Same goes for hid's. They are illegal IF added and legal if came from factory.

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
My tails are tinted and they look fucking sweet. Three coats of night shade and your good. As.long ad the reflector shows through your good. Trust me my sister and brother in law are.cops.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
My tails are tinted and they look fucking sweet. Three coats of night shade and your good. As.long ad the reflector shows through your good. Trust me my sister and brother in law are.cops.
I believe law enforcement is more lenient down south due to the bright sun. You guys prob can't even see tail lights anyways in the sun.

Not trying to be a smart ass just saying

Anywho, like I said law enforcement has bigger worries/concerns. But, if you get rear ended and the person who hit you said they couldn't see your taillights you might be in for some trouble. But, this is why I left my 3rd tail section non-tinted. That and for more visibility in harsh winter conditions.

·
Banned
667 Posts
I see tons of car's with tinted tails around here. No problems with law enforcement for me. Sure it's illegal but, the likely hood of getting a ticket for it, slim to none. Law enforcement has bigger concerns like speeders and wreckless drivers. Same goes for hid's. They are illegal IF added and legal if came from factory.
Yes but some people tint them way too dark (the whole brake light) This could create liability issues for that person if they were to get rear ended. just saying.

MixedImpala04 is ok because his brake lights are visible. his side marker reflector is not visible though.

yes the License plates maybe reflective but overtime they degrade and become useless..

·
Banned
667 Posts
actually when my lights are on i have t10 LED's in the side marker lights and they shine through pretty damn bright. ;)

yeah the stock bulbs would not cut it since they are only 4watts or so. I just replaced my since It had 194a(Amber) in it I changed them to 194(clear) since the 194a are the incorrect ones

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
this was my first set of tinted tail lights. dark as fuck looking but i used candy black so they shined through nice. but i redid them with an over reduced black and clear mix for a more euro look. this was just a test but i loved how it looked.

Attachments

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Holy sh thats dark as hell but, looks good on a white car. Mine are not quite that dark.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Not a bad price considering the other options. But, I still can't believe how over priced these tail's are. Kinda wish GM would have gone with a more simple design but, I love the look of the 7th gen tails though.

Loving that Indy grill though

Edit: Just looked at the preview for the tails and they look to be in good shape. A little hazing on the side lenses but, nothing a little 2k grit wet sandpaper and some polish can't take care of :eek:k3:

Don: Not dissing you just letting people know the flaws and that they can easily be fixed

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Hands off the OEM Indy!!!! :giggle: :lol: :giggle: :lol: :devil:

Don had issues with the aftermarket indy vendor. He had another source for an aftermarket indy, but I decided to go with the sexy af OEM indy :beer: Sent the extra cash on paypal tonight. should be headed my way today or Tuesday :beer: :eek:k3:

·
Banned
667 Posts
Hands off the OEM Indy!!!! :giggle: :lol: :giggle: :lol: :devil:
not if I buy it first

^^ Not a bad price considering the other options. But, I still can't believe how over priced these tail's are. Kinda wish GM would have gone with a more simple design but, I love the look of the 7th gen tails though.

Edit: Just looked at the preview for the tails and they look to be in good shape. A little hazing on the side lenses but, nothing a little 2k grit wet sandpaper and some polish can't take care of :eek:k3:

Don: Not dissing you just letting people know the flaws and that they can easily be fixed
Title of the auction he has should be changed as well..

to such as

Impala Tail light LS SS appearance package Indy OEM 00-05
or

Impala Tail light LS SS appearance package Indy OEM 00 01 02 03 04 05

Needs a new main photo
http://www.impalaforums.com/attachm...068-those-tail-lights-have-to-go-dscn2426.jpg

Revised description disclaiming that the photo with the car is what it will looks like on the car see other photos of actual item.
This will help it get more view for it and get it sold.

My center is currently pending sale so he can use that if he wants to..

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Contact don via pm and let him know in a polite manner. He is a good guy and will likely take your advise or consider it :eek:k3:

Reactions: SCOTTYINWV
1 - 20 of 20 Posts