Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 chevy caprice with a 5.0L. I would like to do an engine swap to a 5.7L. But would like to know the difference between the lt1 p code and the 7 code that came in my 93. Does any one know the base numbers for all three and if i do go with a lt1 how much harder is it to do any input would help thanks in advance. AND I HAVE SOME EXTRA PARTS FOR A 94-96 2 REAR DOORS BACK SEAT TRUNCK LID DOME LIGHT COVER GLASS IS IN DOORS AND HAVE KEY FOR LOCKS HOOD ORNAMENT IF NEED EMAIL
[email protected] WILL LET GO FOR CHEAP DOORS TRUNK LID ARE SAME COLOR AS MY CAR LOOK AT GARAGE LIKE BIEGE TAN

·
Registered
10 Posts
FWIW - I've read that the swap is not easy - IIRC there was mention about difference in engine mount locations and a cross brace issue.

·
Registered
624 Posts
if u want a real lt1 set up its better just to get a true lt1 94-96 9c1 or ss,way to much hassle and cost to swap,imo been reading on this for a long time.id just swap a warmed up 350 tbi with a chip,along with the rest of the mods to make it all work together (tranny, t/c rear gears etc) but then that me :)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yeah i had a 1991 and it was nice ran smooth w 220000 on it..... im not sure about the power though ( i had 20's on it and never tried to race or do burnouts w it ) but the tbi engine was impressive to me and good gas mileage mid 20s:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
An LT1 swap is no easy task, but it can be done. A lot of the swap is in the electronics. Electronics in your 93 won't even sort of interface with the electronics required for your LT1. If you can get the electrical squared away, you'd be golden on the rest. You also have to take into account the closed reverse cooling system as well.

Cost-wise you can pull nearly all the parts you need from a junkyard. It's the labor and hidden stuff that will get you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
LT1s can be had in a junkyard for tens of dollars, well, OK, maybe a few hundred bucks, but that's still cheap compared to five years ago.

Now an LSx motor in a whale Caprice, that would be the wizzy....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts