Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
General Motors

GM has till this Tuesday (17 February 2009) to come up with a plan for some of the bailout money from the American taxpayer or it is all over! It will have no other choice but to file for a chapter 11 bankruptcy! There might not be any 2010 Impala and we will all be forced to drive Toyota's, Honda's and VW's built in Mexico!

GM considering Chapter 11 filing, new company: report...

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/14022009/6/finance-gm-considering-chapter-11-filing-new-company-report.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
GM is broke!?

Well I guess that is it then!?

Even if GM does get some of that bailout money what is the point if nobody is buying any cars? I guess the good'ol days really are over....

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yea that car is ugly ill take a 6th gen anyday!!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
yea that car is ugly ill take a 6th gen anyday!!!!
^^^+1 on that!!

GM has screwed up big time. They are always late to need to get products out. Ford was smart with the new Mustang, Chrysler came in later with the Charger and now Challenger. GM waited too late to get in on the RWD performance cars.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
I actually heard that the next impala is going to be on a Buick Lacrosse frame, be FWD, and may or may not support an SS model. If this is true it would make sense from GM's point of view (although i still hate impalas post '96) because it is still a FWD sedan that has a hint of luxury but is still somewhat of an economy car. Either way i'm going to stick with mine until GM comes up with an Impala SS worth buying.

·
Registered
88 Posts
(although i still hate impalas post '96) because it is still a FWD sedan that has a hint of luxury but is still somewhat of an economy car.
I too would feel the same way if they didn't have such a crappy engine in those 6th generation Impalas. The LT1's are crap. Nothing but trouble.

·
Registered
51 Posts
"Some men you just can't reach."

Ever hear that before? :wink:

Something (s) at GM will have to die before there can be new growth. Too big, too much similarity, and styling that (sad to say) makes kids want 'Yotas and Hondas.

Then again, my loyalties lie elsewhere, but, I drive what I drive because it's what I own.

Either that's a photoshop of something foreign, GM has 19 year old kids for a design team, or Hell just froze over. That's bar-none the ugliest car with a bow tie yet in the last 5 or 10 years. And yet we wonder why GM is ass-deep in debt :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts