Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Chevrolet impala ls 3.5l v6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna start off by saying I'm convinced this car hates me. 2007 impala ls 3.5L v6. I've had cam position codes almost ever since I bought the car and for me it was the wires that went bad. I thought I finally found them all. 2 wires that go to the cam magnet on the front were melted together underneath the oil pan area and the cam position sensor wires were melted right by the connector. After fixing those the car ran great for a few months until the random surging and false slipping feeling came back but at the same time my head gasket blew. Ended up doing a slight rebuild with all new pistons because 2 were in rough shape and rings, head gaskets, intake and plenum gaskets, oil pan gasket. I had the bottom end all buttoned up and checked the wires while I had all that room and everything looked fine. I get the engine all together with a few setbacks like the radiator had a crack in it and my steering rack decided to destroy itself somehow just sitting there. I drive the car expecting a nice smooth drive because everything is brand new but nope I get a reduced engine power light and it gave me the code for the pedal. So I changed that and the same thing happened after about 5 minutes of driving and I also noticed the surges came back. So I look in the engine bay and trace down where the tps wires run in to the main harness and see some ground wires attached to the transmission so I cleaned those off with some sand paper and the part of the trans that it grounds to and after that no more tps related codes but........ el Sergio was still happening and it was giving me p0300(multiple random misfire) p0340 & p0341 which are cam sensor related. So I trace down all the wires underneath where I've done previous repairs just to find no issues with the harness so I was stumped.....until...I accidentally bumped where the injector/ cam position sensor harness plugs in to the main harness and the whole care almost dies off. So I wiggle that part again and it does the same thing. So I go to the junkyard and pull a injector harness and inspect all of the wires and wrap it with some tesa tape and it runs like a champ now. So moral of the story is tps can be those grounds and cam position codes can be your harness. I forgot to mention the sensor was brand new and ac delco so I knew that wasn't it. No where I looked online mentioned these specific area so I hope this can help someone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts