Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for my 2006 Impala LTZ to be so unbearably sluggish in the heat?? When it's like 83 degrees outside it drives like a BMW but during the day its so sluggish, it acts like I'm hurting it or something. Gauges don't indicate heat damage but then again it behaves perfectly normal at night.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Depends... how hot it is? How sluggish is it?

Hot air does mean poorer performance for engines. Noticeably sluggish? yes... but it should not be "unbearable"

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Shouldn't have that great of an effect on a fuel injected motor anyway, I would expect some seat of the pants power loss over 100f, but not much.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
FWIW, in my SS I always had seat-of-the-pants power loss in the summer time, espeically when flooring it. pretty much anything over 90*.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Hot air has lower oxygen density, as I'm sure you're aware, so some loss is to be expected.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
AC working harder...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No, cause the compressor doesn't get any harder to turn, just turns more often.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hmm, didn't notice my car acting all that sluggish when I spent a week down in Oklahoma beginning of June. Drove all the way down there and made multiple trips here and there throughout the week. Still drove like a bat out of hell when I floored it.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Did you route your AC into the intake?

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
FWIW, in my SS I always had seat-of-the-pants power loss in the summer time, espeically when flooring it. pretty much anything over 90*.
Me too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been a tad sluggish, mainly because I have the worst CAI set up in the world. Other than that nothing out of the ordinary..

When was the last time you had the oil changed?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same car, a 06 LTZ. Never noticed anything different on a hot day, with or without the a/c . I have 75,000 miles on mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts