Impala Forums banner

Thinking of SuperCharging my impala 96 ss

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dwayne J 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok,

I'm think of supercharging my car. I want to update the torque converter and do gears I was thinking 3.73. My question is what does everyone suggest,as far as,what I should buy i.e: what manufacture should I use per these items,what stall converter etc...thanks

#2 ·
Ok,

I'm think of super charging my car. I want to update the torque converter and do gears I was thinking 3.73. My question is what does everyone suggest,as far as,what I should buy i.e: what manufacture should I use per these items,what stall converter etc...thanks
I would suggest 3.73s. I installed a Vig 3000 stall TC. As far as the supercharger, that depends on a few other factors like how will you drive the car? Is it a daily driver? Is the engine stock? What power output are you looking for?

#3 ·
I think from reviewing the vig 3000 stall is the way to go. Horse power isn't a huge goal, reliablity is tho... I hear on a stock motor 6lbs is the way to go, but what if I upgrade the heads???
Also what if I just upgade the heads,cam,manifold,rockers,etc. I heard this is a cheaper route to go and it will probably get me the same hp numbers as the S/C @ 6lbs...

#4 ·
That is just it, if you want reliability then you can not get to radical. I went to the 6psi so I could keep the internals stock. It is a very reliable setup. Now, a SC setup is expensive. I got lucky and bought mine used, $1500 for the entire package, it sells for over 5g's. You can go the NA route and get just as good if not better performance for less money. Hit us up on the 14th in SD and we can talk, I will be wearing the SSin City SS club shirt.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.