Impala Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
So i have heard which is one of the reasons I am going for it, the car was a rental fro about a year with some more paperwork the dealer sent me it looks like the car started its life in California. When is came back to Canada it looks like it exchanged hands twice. The dealer told me that it was brought in by an elderly gentleman who was a car detailer. I am going to see if i can get the dealer to sell me it for 13k including tax if all else fails i don't want to pay 15k for it, I can put 7k down but i am going to hide that fact until I think i need leverage.

Did i tell you guy that when i test drove an impala at a KIA dealership they attempted to steer me toward a 2013 Chrysler 200, I had to hold it in, I can see these impalas being so much more reliable. Not a fan of FCA vehicles.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
At around 35,000 miles the car is barely broken in. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
She seems like a new car to me I just can't wait to pick it up on Monday, the first think i might do is check the air filters because i already have new ones for these cars and do my H9 conversion for the headlights and add my LED reverse lights, upgrading the fixtures will come later when I have funds to do so. I am a bit afraid to give her full power, when test driving the car half throttle was a bit hard to keep in a straight line from about 20 KMPH.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not a fan of the exterior color but to each their own. How well it drives and how mechanically sound it is will be much more important.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Well I drove her home yesterday. Beautiful car. I noticed that the tinted windows become a bit annoying at night. I have started adding some of my LED interior and exterior lights and i will be doing the H9 mod shortly. I noticed that my passenger fog lamp shines a bit lower then the driver side, is this normal?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Well so far so good with the Impala. Coming form the Aurora the Impala feels a lot stiffer but it feels more sporty. I just order a CF186 to replace the one in my impala does not look to bad but where the water drains over the filter looks disgusting, also when i checked the cabin air filter in there it was changed by the dealer but there was loose leafs in there which the horizontal filter was suppose to prevent so I read. Also i just purchased my LED Spyder taillights for $366.06 CAD all in after taking $36 CAD off with a coupon but since I purchased them through a Canadian retailer I can utilize the factory warranty. So far I love the look of the car but the window tint sucks at night....ah well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You'll get used to the tint. I have 5% on mine and I will admit it was a bear for the first couple of weeks but now I am used to it. I do more double checking at intersections when people are nearby, but I should probably be doing that anyway. If all else fails, I put the window down and look.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I agree that's what I do backing out of a dark driveway with LED reverse lamps. I have have installed a H9 bulb in my driver side housing and it is much brighter but I am worried of the head aspect of it so far about a few short road trips with them all looks good. I find it kind of unfortunate that these bulbs are also burdened as DRLs but ah well they go for like $6 CAD on rock auto. Anyone have any track record with this mod? Also I cant believe how easy it is to change bulbs in this car!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Just adding some nice pictures of the new car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjod5ont1hww8an/20190722_184206.jpg?dl=0

Doing some TLC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tomj423sutx6g8f/20190725_202133_HDR.jpg?dl=0

The little Canadian town I work in was converted to a town in Wisconsin for a movie shoot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyy1yi05qxsbywt/20190725_202911.jpg?dl=0

Bumped into an old friend. My first car was a 1994 Cutlass Supreme in blue

Do you guys know what is the best way to upload photos here that are a few MB in size?

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Honestly, the easiest way to upload pictures is to use the Tapatalk app (runs on mobile devices). If you don't have a mobile device you can use, you have to use a photo-sharing service of some kind, which I'm really not familair with (I use Tapatalk).

81 - 93 of 93 Posts