Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just registered and this is my first post. I am located out in San Diego and have really become enamored with the 67 Impala from Supernatural. I found one locally for sale and plan to see it on Tuesday. I have a question though. I love the car on Supernatural but want to know if what I see is chopped up or factory. I have a coworker who owned a 67 SS and he mentioned this car may be a Bel Air base model. In Supernatural they show many times the side view with both front and rear windows rolled down, and there is no frame piece in between the doors. The Impala I'm looking at has a large silver piece in between the doors and looks solid. Was there some models of the 4 doors that had a frame pillar? Or was it chopped free for the show? Also I am in California, the car is registered to Florida and has a fixed up motor. My coworker said that the factory smog equipment was an air pump and setup, and probably to swap over from out of state I would need those parts installed. Anyone have any experience with California registration? I plan to call the DMV on Monday, but would like more input faster. Thanks

·
Still Plays with Cars
282 Posts
There are 2 different 4 door cars. One with a post and one with out the post. The one with out is a Sport Sedan. The doors do not interchange as the Sport Sedan has a lower roof.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I was talking with my coworker that had a 67 2 door and he wasn't sure, but I was pretty sure after seeing a pic of a white postless sedan. Time to refine my search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts