Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 8th gen impala ls with cloth seats and driver side is powered but not the passenger side. Does anybody know if I install power leather seats will the wiring for the power be there or will I have to run my own wiring from the fuse box? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Don't know for sure but my guess would be you will need to run the wires or get a harness from a car with the passenger side power seat to plug into yours. On drivers side the plug should interchange as long as the leather seats are not heated. If heated then you may want that harness as well and may still have to custom install the or part of the wiring.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
77 is probablly right, however whether your seats are power or manual, there is indeed an electrical connector that plugs into it (for the airbag sensor).

Its easy to pull the passenger seat, just remove the two bolts in the back on the floor, lean the seat forward and pull back. Unhook the plug and check it out. Take a pic of it and post it up so someone with electric seats can compare the prongs inside the connector. If the prongs are different, chances are the wiring to the plugs are as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts