Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Impala is being redesigned for 2010, do you think there will be a possibility that the Caprice will be resurrected? Currently Holden produces the Caprice and is badge as a Chevy Caprice is the Middle East, which is extremely popular.

Of course the Impala and Caprice should be for the most part identical. I wonder if it would be in Holden's interest to have a redesigned Caprice and Statesman based on the new Zeta platform in the works for 2010.

Since Chevy will introduced a Holden Ute to the U.S. as a rebadged Pontiac (El Camino esque vehicle, possibly the Pontiac El Camino?) it kinda makes sense.

In any case, I took the liberty to register capriceforum.com and capriceforums.com I was astonished that these two domains where available! :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since the Impala is being redesigned for 2010, do you think there will be a possibility that the Caprice will be resurrected? Currently Holden produces the Caprice and is badge as a Chevy Caprice is the Middle East, which is extremely popular.

Of course the Impala and Caprice should be for the most part identical. I wonder if it would be in Holden's interest to have a redesigned Caprice and Statesman based on the new Zeta platform in the works for 2010.

Since Chevy will introduced a Holden Ute to the U.S. as a rebadged Pontiac (El Camino esque vehicle, possibly the Pontiac El Camino?) it kinda makes sense.
One of the rumors/rumblings I've come across on other sites would seem to indicate that GM could very well keep the Impala FWD (since the current one is such a huge seller) and still do a Zeta based, low volume, full size sedan...possibly named Caprice.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Well since Chevrolet has brought the Impala back twice now I would not doubt that they may bring back the Caprice as well. Time will tell.

M

·
0 Posts
Well since Chevrolet has brought the Impala back twice now I would not doubt that they may bring back the Caprice as well. Time will tell.
agreed...it seems to be a trend lately with companies bringing back nameplates...

·
Registered
21 Posts
caprice vs impala

The return of the caprice would be nice, but not necessary,, that's why there's an impala model and the impala SS,, the caprice would basically be an impala LS version

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
You guys forget the "Impala" is only back because the Caprice kept it alive! Hell the only reason impala's are still on the road is because Caprice' still keep them alive with parts. And NO, im not talking about wrong wheel drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
check this thing out guys, i kinda wish i lived in australia...

wwwXholdenXcomXau/vehicles/Caprice

put dots where the xs are, i cant post links yet.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
missed that one, he was postwhoring so he could insert a link in one of his threads :p

anyway, back OT
the buick regal (supposedly debuting @ NAIAS) is supposed to go on EpsII platform, which also carries the Opel Insignia (pictured is the concept for 2011-ish)

also done expect a redesigned Imp for a WHILE...

the Imp is set to be done w/ the current body in 2012/2013, now they are talking about a 2-3 year hiatis on the Imp while the CAFE crap is sorted out :p so looks like ANOTHER 4 years atleast b4 we find out wtf is going on for sure w/ the next Imp..

The way GM is changing its mind (w/in one month i heard no rebadging, then g8->chevy as Caprice, then no caprice EXCEPT 9c1) so who the hell knows, i dont even think THEY know wtf is going on...

all i know is the new imp better be AWD (to compete w/ the 500/taurus etc). FFS give us a RWD Family car!

·
Banned
351 Posts
One of the big problems is America's new fearless leader and talks of future MPG rating requirments on cars... Im sure that since the govt has their hands in the workings of GM, they are trying to keep the cars as conservative as possible. GM probablly does not want to spend the money to retain the G8 fearing that it could get cut in the future due to gas consumption restrictions, and are falling back on the vette and the camaro as their response to performance enthusiasts...

well I say THATS NOT ENOUGH. With the death of the impala SS, I think GM should be embracing a performance type family car such as the G8 since there is nothing else like it in their lineup. The Camaro comes close, but doesnt quite cut it. Cadillacs are still, in my mind, more luxury than performance. The G8 is the best of both worlds and I think that it is a big mistake to drop it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The new Caprice looks sick!...

In a good way, of course. Definitely edgier than my box and the bubs. It will definitely be grabbing a whole new generation while retaining it's popular spot amongst an older crowd. The fun part of the older crowd that is.

Love the forum and it's cause!

Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts