Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Chevy Caprice and wanted to know what I could to do the engine to make it more fuel efficient. The Caprice I think is a 5.0 liter with a V8 engine. I also want to know a place other than ebay to buy a intake for my caprice. Thank you

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Switch to synthetic oil, tune it up, and use good quality parts when you do. Platinum plugs can yield better mileage, and they tend to last longer than copper plugs as well.
Check summit racing for an intake. If you want a suggestion, go with an edelbrock performer. They give decent to good power/mileage increases across a decent rpm range. Make sure you give your salesperson all the pertinent onfo on your car. Have fun!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Switch to synthetic oil, tune it up, and use good quality parts when you do. Platinum plugs can yield better mileage, and they tend to last longer than copper plugs as well.
Check summit racing for an intake. If you want a suggestion, go with an edelbrock performer. They give decent to good power/mileage increases across a decent rpm range. Make sure you give your salesperson all the pertinent onfo on your car. Have fun!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Pay attention to tire pressure, alignment, and your driving style. A good intake & exhaust can also help. Nothing helps milage better than the 'Lite right foot' mod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts