Impala Forums banner

The transformation of my RYD

67K views 619 replies 53 participants last post by  RYD SLO 
#1 ·
Well, I decided it was time I consolidated all of my mods into one thread :eek:k3:

The first post will be my progress up to this point. All future updates will be posted here. Here goes nothing!

The day I bought her:

First Mod:

Added HIDs

Dipping:

SS Tail Covers

Tint

Wheels

LED under dash. All interior lights are also replaced with LED bulbs, but I don't have pics of that.

See less See more
#324 ·
As for the fob:
Have you considered pulling it apart and removing a touch of the rubber on the inside of the rubber button pad? (in theory requiring more of a push to activate?)

#325 ·
No, have not tried that. Not really going to unless it becomes a huge problem again

#327 ·
I appreciate the link, but that seems to be the 94-96 emblem. The 00-05 never had a key hole in them.

The reason I was looking was to possibly put on my dad's 8th gen. But don't think that's gunna happen anymore lol.

#329 ·
No, he has it. I'm just not gunna bother modding it. I still might end up doing it, but I'll just use a used 7th gen emblem from the junkyard if I do.

#331 ·
Appreciate. I currently have like 4 of them, though 3 of those are painted, just waiting on me to finish my never-ending tail light project lol

#332 ·
NEW PARTS :yahoo:

Attachments

#334 ·
Yes, these are the bulbs. Still waiting on a few other parts. Supposed to be here Saturday

#336 ·
I was thinking of doing new LED turn signals too, but I don't want to do switchbacks, and none of the bulbs I found looked like they'd do well in the turn signal reflector on the 7th gen, since the light really needs to be thrown backwards.

Anybody ever use these?

#339 ·
I got a plan for that :eek:k3:

It will definitely be a slick set-up when it's done. I'll reveal all once I get it all in and get some pics up

#342 ·
Shipment for some parts has been pushed back from today until Monday.

#344 ·
So, more delays to the DRL project.

Drove in to work this afternoon just to move a few things around for tomorrow morning, and on my way over, the car started overheating again. Well, I JUST had the elbows replaced with the aluminum versions about 2 weeks ago, so that's not the issue. I couldn't really tell where is was taking in air from, but there's definitely air in the system which is causing the issue, I'm hoping it's a water pump issue, as it did look a little wet down by the water pump, but I'm scared it might be the LIM gasket.

Parked it at work and took a company car (Ashen Gray '13 LS) home. I'll have my mechanic take a look at it in the morning.

But that means the DRLs aren't going in until all this is squared away.

#346 ·
Annnnnnnnd further delays.

The overheating issue was indeed due to a faulty water pump. Getting that fixed as we speak.

But the parts I was waiting on for the DRL project came today, and......they aren't the same parts I ordered. :bang:

Just emailed customer support. Hoping I can get them soon.

#347 ·
Geez

Price on water pump fix?

#348 ·
$300 out the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.