Go Get It
Thanks for the kind words. yes, it does take patience and a keen eye for detail.i'm jealous at the ability to do such work. it takes a lot of patience and work to do paint (I replaced dog legs and fixed rust in a 91 ford explorer in college with my dad who did repair paint in buick city previous to 2005....not my cup of tea lol). i bought a spoiler off of ebay that has been repainted 3 times now by my dad and his friend (friend offered for 120 to paint with left over paint and wasn't my imperial blue we found out after the fact...). then dad repaired that paint job and didn't realize the new hardeners used today were an exact amount not an approximation so the clear never hardened after a year of weather! this summer he took it down to fiberglass and started over, turned out great this time knowing he had to be exact with the hardener lol.
i'm waiting for the final pics after it is all together! you did a great job.
I got the car put back together 99% at this point. Got all of the imperfections in the paint sanded down and buffed out, and all of the mouldings put back on. I just need to pick up a few little things from the junkyard (a few rocker moulding clips, some headlight retainers, etc) and give it a GOOD full detail, as its very dusty inside and out, and it will be 100%.
On to the pics!
At this point, I left the rocker moulding, body side mouldings, belt mouldings, and right headlight off the car so that I could have a little more room to maneuver the DA and buffer without having to worry about catching any of that stuff.
I also ripped out the rats nest of HID wiring I had while I was in there in favor of LED lights. Color temperature is much better, and they should be more reliable than the HIDs without the need for these relay harnesses.
After all of the sanding and buffing and polishing and waxing, I dipped the replacement emblem, and attached that, the body side, rocker, and belt mouldings.