Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 604 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Whoops forgot to post pics last night. I have some night shots as well. The color of the bulbs is similar to an 8000k HID bulb. They don't seem quite as bright as the halogens, but that doesn't really matter to me. I'll get the pics up later this afternoon

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No highbeams?

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
They work as highbeams, just not quite as bright. I never really use my highbeams because I live in a relatively urban area with well lit roads, and I'm running HID lows. They still work for flashing your highbeams at people, and work for the purposes of DRL, so I'm not too concerned about it

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you Bill! Just under a year. Bought it in late August of last year, but my sister was using it until October, when the modifications started :giggle:

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Still can't see the 2nd pic don?

Crappy "night time" pics coming through

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
I can see them, looks great!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Fap Fap

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Looks good. Have you got a diode on your hid relay harness to keep your lows hid on with led highs.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nope, no diode

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks great man. Your car is the first 7th Gen I've liked with the 8th Gen SS wheels. They look great against the silver exterior color. I almost wish I would have bought the 7th Gen SS I had found. Do you have any mods planned for the engine?

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks man!

I'd like to get an overkill tune and full exhaust system... It depends a lot on how long I keep it haha

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Finished my custom sub box build, though the subs blew out on me after a mere 30 seconds. Still not sure why that was, as these subs were hooked up to the same amp for a year in my Caprice.

Anyways, here it is, in all it's non-working glory :beer:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I have the same subs, 12's. had them since 2000.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
They're nice subs when they work

21 - 40 of 604 Posts