Impala Forums banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wanted something more luxurious than my Maxda CX-5, the price was right, and it was rated highly by CR.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had a 2004 Base Impala for 5 years. I liked that car for the room and money. Then I got a 2010 Impala LS fleet car. I got it for the price, it's easy to fix, its got a large trunk, And due to where I live and park. I drive in the city and have bad parking. A higher end car was out of the question. It would get dinged up in parking lots and much more to fix. Most city streets I drive on are either full of bumps or potholes usually a combination of both. I really don't care for the car but it drives good and always works. Had I done my car choice over it would have been a 2007-2011 Toyota Camry, the previous model. Those drive nice.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My father and all my uncle's always had GM. The first Chevy family car I remember was our '64 Caprice. The Caprice was a high end Impala. I am totally brand loyal to Chevrolet. I even worked for Chevrolet in the late '70s when Chevrolet employed more people than an other employer in the USA. THE HEART BEAT OF AMERICA.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The impala was 1/2 a impulse decision and 1/2 necessity, Got my first decent job out of college had a little saved for a down payment and just went for a car knowing my previous vehicle would have lasted me a little longer but I wanted something nice and newer, Ended up having to go to one of those "we guarantee financing" places due to my bad credit from being young and dumb, Owned nothing but GM products since I have started driving (Pontiac,GMC,Olds,Chevy) and only test drove GM cars, The only test drive I did was a red 06 with tan interior but loved the car but hated both colors, Had them ship my car from one of their other lots ended up getting my 07 black on black cloth with just under 60K on her for about 11K sticker price but with their "leasing fee" and all their other fees i'm paying what the car was new or a little more than it was new but I needed a car I could trust for travel since I drive 80 miles minimum a day for work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my Impala after my 2001 Ford Taurus had a quart of coolant going out of the exhaust every day because of a cracked engine block. It was the second Ford Taurus I owned that had that problem, so I decided it was time for a Chevy, and since my dad wanted an Impala from the time they brought them back and was never able to get one, I decided to live his dream for him.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, back in the '90's the magazine ads were pretty bitchin' for the 94-96 SS.
I knew i was a rear wheel drive only person, and always wanted a DD V8.

I also knew i would never buy new, let someone else take the depreciation hit. :)
So while waiting they came out with the '96. That closed the deal for me all i had to do
was pick a color.

-ALF out...

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
The power increases they've made in N/A motors over the last 20 years is pretty impressive. These ads were "bragging" about the "Corvette-derived 260hp V8" engine. Nowadays, N/A V6's are making 350hp+ - pretty impressive, IMO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
160 Posts
The power increases they've made in N/A motors over the last 20 years is pretty impressive. These ads were "bragging" about the "Corvette-derived 260hp V8" engine. Nowadays, N/A V6's are making 350hp+ - pretty impressive, IMO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hell, the new camaro i think has a Turbo 4 banger making more power than
a '96 LT1.
I'm in it for the cool factor, if i want power in the V8 i just gotta empty my pockets...:biggrin::beer:

-ALF out...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought my Impala because I wanted a big car but not a boat. I was driving a 03 Honda Civic EX 1.7L 4 Speed that was being held together with duct tape and zip ties. I was driving through town and saw her sitting on the lot. I thought I dunno I kinda what a Taurus (Girlfriend had one). So I stopped to look at her, I fell in love with the Impala immediately. I test drove her and she had just the right amount of room and power for the right price. Best car I have ever drove, just wish I would have got the SS instead of the LT, nonetheless I love my IMPALER. Still working on modding my imp to the how I want her.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Let me add I got mine which is a 2010 LS fleet model due to the cheap price. It's a basic car with nothing fancy inside which I prefer. Easy to fix and any mechanic can fix it. I have bad parking where I live so it's less to worry about. I like the simple look. Less to worry about since I have bad parking where I live as opposed to owning a higher end car. The best thing about the car is it has fatter tires on steel rims , which I like, not those stupid lower profile tires. I drive on pothole filled streets and those tires do a great job of taking abuse. I would have lots more tire and rim problems with lower profile tires. The huge trunk is nice.

·
Registered
743 Posts
reason i got my impala: to drive it! lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Crazy Story ...

I hope you're sitting down ...:giggle:

Ok, well, I had a Dodge Stratus 2006 (Betsy) for a while. She gave me 143,456 miles before she died out and blew her Head Gasket. The mechanic told me to get her fixed would cost me $2,500. Then I risk the Transmission going out. So I was bumbed and very stressed out, as I live 60 miles away from my job.

I called and called, no one would give me a car for under $1,200 down and a nice payment each month. I didn't have $1,200 down. Flat broke.

I believe in GOD so this story really hits home to me.

I have ALWAYS loved Impalas and the Chevy name in itself. I love the old SS but they quit making them. Well, so I went to this place to just "look around", not thinking I was going to get this car that I've always wanted. We walked around in the freezing cold weather and looked at about 5 different cars. A Mazda 2, a Ford Fusion, a KIA Rio, a KIA Soul and I just was starting to get really depressed because they all were 2007-2010 models and had roughly 96,000+ miles on them. Mind you all, I had to drive 120 miles a day! No way was this going to work.

Well, on my way out the door, here she sat ... just came in...52,000 miles 2013 Chevy Impala Metal Gray ... BEAUTIFUL car. He said she was the same price as the others?! What?! I said thank you Lord, this is it! I got it and out the door I went. I've had her 3 days now, and I'll post pics soon. I am super excited to have her, but a little worried about the gas. It is eating me up! I just went from a 2.7L V6 to now a 3.6L V6 and it burns through this 87 gas fast! I only do 70 on cruise control so I'm lost on this. But rides great and should last me a while.

Sorry for the long post!

:yahoo:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, on my way out the door, here she sat ... just came in...52,000 miles 2013 Chevy Impala Metal Gray ... BEAUTIFUL car. He said she was the same price as the others?! What?! I said thank you Lord, this is it! I got it and out the door I went. I've had her 3 days now, and I'll post pics soon. I am super excited to have her, but a little worried about the gas. It is eating me up! I just went from a 2.7L V6 to now a 3.6L V6 and it burns through this 87 gas fast! I only do 70 on cruise control so I'm lost on this. But rides great and should last me a while.
Welcome to the forums, first off! Post up some pics for sure, we'd love to see your new-to-you car!

If you're driving mostly highway, you shouldn't be terrible on MPG. With my 3.6L, I can get 35-36mpg highway doing 70mph. Went from central Virginia to the New York border before I had to fill up for gas... one tank, with 300hp under the hood. I'll take it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why I got my 2000 Impala

When I was 12 I tossed a large rock from a bridge and squished a live frog on a rock along the creek below. I felt terrible. I can only figure that God is punishing me daily with this 2000 chevy impala nightmare.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
When I was 12 I tossed a large rock from a bridge and squished a live frog on a rock along the creek below. I felt terrible. I can only figure that God is punishing me daily with this 2000 chevy impala nightmare.

LMAO :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
10,949 Posts

Can you elaborate please.

What about it is "interfering" with your inner peace ?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I never even considered an Impala as a car for me or the wife until the new 2014 Impala came out. I liked the new ones but figured we could never afford one tht was equipped the way we would like.
The wife had a 2013 Malibu and after it was wrecked I started looking at Carmax for another Chevy and saw that the used Impalas were pretty reasonable with the features we wanted. The local Impalas at Carmax started drying up so I then looked at local dealers and saw the one I wanted but it was in the next state over. We drove out of state to go see it and ended up driving home with it. It had more features than we even dreamed of having and for even cheaper payments than the Malibu we had.
We both love it so far.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts