Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wanted a nice sedan with good power and not rob the bank. My 14 Limited fit the bill at 15k

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wanted a nice sedan with good power and not rob the bank. My 14 Limited fit the bill at 15k
Damn that's cheap I feel like for a 2014 limited I paid bout 12k for my 09 lt

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts
I like to blast the heat and crack the sunroof in the winter. I also drive with it open a lot in the summer since my AC compressor hasn't worked since I bought the car

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I also drive with it open a lot in the summer since my AC compressor hasn't worked since I bought the car
I don't know how you live without A/C in your car, @RYD! That would be the FIRST thing I fixed! :) Those 90F+ days with high humidity would just kill me (I do sweat a lot though).

Have you checked to make sure that there is enough freon in the system?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts
The compressor doesn't kick on and I'm not about to pay $800 to have it replaced. I like riding windows down anyways :eek:k3:

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts
The PO said their mechanic looked at it and said it was the compressor. It doesn't bother me enough to worry about it. Maybe next summer when I've got some checks saved up I'll have someone take a look at it

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
The compressor doesn't kick on and I'm not about to pay $800 to have it replaced. I like riding windows down anyways :eek:k3:
:beer:

I agree I haven't had a/c in my imp since I bought it. Charged it up once and it was empty the next day. Prob just a condensor leak but, oh well. Someday I might fix it. But I am smoker and the windows are down all the time anyways.

All I care about is heat in the harsh michigan winters

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts
I will fix it some day. But for now, tires, lowering springs, some exhaust work, and maybe a new headunit are my priorities.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I bought my impala because my daily driver (1994 Chevy Lumina) needed some repairs for inspection (rusted out rear bumper reinforcement). I actually really like the Lumina (still have it), but it was getting really old (even though it only has about 130k miles) and I can't afford to have car troubles (need to be at work!), so I wanted to get something a little newer!

I love the way my 2012 Impala looks and love the 3.6L engine, but i really can't stand the transmission - it's the worst shifting transmission I've even owned, by far. The car also has more rattles than I'd like - I've corrected most of them, but some are still there. The car has also already been at the dealer for warranty repairs more than any other car I've owned - minor issues, but still issues. It had 19k when I bought it and it now has 35k. Kind of a letdown so far, but for the price, it's still a lot of car, I guess...

However, since I typically keep my cars at least until they are paid off (hopefully longer!), I'm going to stick with it... I have an extended warranty to cover me until 100k miles ($100 deductible per visit - almost everything is covered), so I'm going to make the best of it... So far, it's definitely not up to par with the previous GM's I've owned though, most of which have been Buicks and have given me no issues whatsoever.

·
Senior Citizen Member
30 Posts
Why I chose an Impala:

Nissan has a great web site where you can choose a Nissan product and three competitors. It compares just about everything. I also referred to Edmunds. I compared the Nissan Maxima 3.5 S, the Impala 2LT, Ford Taurus SEL and the Chrysler 300 S (all 2014 models). I traded in a Toyota Camry and Toyota was not considered because Toyota has a mold issue in the AC system with late model cars.

The first thing that jumped out at me was the Maxima and the 300 require premium gas.

Parking is always a concern. The Impala is only about an inch wider than the 2013 Camry that I was driving although it is a about a foot longer. The 300 is 2 inches and the Taurus is 3 inches wider than the Impala.

The Impala has the highest horse power engine of all 4 cars that I compared.

The Impala is lighter at 3800 pounds than the 300 (4006) or the Taurus (4035).

Front leg room on the Impala is also the best of the 4 cars that I compared.

Because of my back issues the power 4 way lumbar support was very important to me and only the Impala and Taurus had it.

There were other comparisons but I just love the looks of the new Impala and how it drives. And the gas mileage that I am getting is better than expected.

All in all I am very satisfied with my decision the get the Impala.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I bought mine in 03 since I had nothing to drive. Wanted a pickup back then but my grandparents had this Impala that had only 24K on the clock. Bargain of a car for only $2,200.00. Had decent tires, repaint (Scoff and shoot), fairly new vinyl top, very clean vehicle that performed like it had just rolled of the factory line.

BTW it is the longest I have owned any vehicle, now approaching 12 years.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My first car was a 1998 Dodge Stratus, and I love that car. It was perfect. I was 18 lol. Two years later, it just wasn't holding up the same, and I'm to blame because I started to neglect it after I got in two accidents with it. I've always liked Impalas and knew that I wanted a bigger vehicle. Red is my favorite color, and it happened to be one on the lot I was looking at.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My brother sold me my 05 9C1. He picked it up a couple of years ago at an auction. I always thought it looked cool. I ended up really liking it both for its looks and overall. I think people can get a perfectly functioning and non-embarrassing car for under $5000.00 so I wouldn't pay more, at this stage in my life.

The police part gives the car a cool factor and I now brag at the price I paid, $2500.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 1st car was a Black 2006 impala Lt. what drew me to it was the looks, size, and room. found her on craigslist for 3,500 and 127 000 miles. Was a great car esp for a 1st. looked super modern to me too at the time. Ill never forget meeting with the owner and test driving her around the block, reminded me alot of a cop car and had a super deep engine growl for being a 3.5 v6. Eventually after buying her i took great care (tried too) but unfortunately she was plagued with alot of little problems (failed cat, oil leaks, bad mpg, faded bumper, dents, no a/c, and etc.) after fixing a few issues overtime and getting a new job that was 15 miles away i decided to get somthing modern and reliable, went to a chevy dealership where i traded her in (found out it was in such bad condition mechanically that they sold it an auction; stuff i didnt sven know about, ex. blown shocks etc.) trading her in i got a 2013 impala LT (silver ice) with 46k miles. since then i couldnt be happier, except a few features i miss, (foldable rear seats, 6 seats) but thr 6 spd trans and the 3.6 are awesome!

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Honestly got the Imp because the lot financed my young credit history when no one would.. It was the newest car I had ever owned.. It did its job.. Was definitely a love hate thing but altogether it was a pride and joy and I made it a beast for the next owner..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I bought it because it is a cheap and powerful sedan. Plus, my family loves GM vehicles. We've had a Cutlass Supreme, a Delta 88 a Chevy Astro and now the Impala. :)

41 - 60 of 91 Posts