Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this belongs here because I have pictures of why I got my impala and I thought some of you might as well.

I'll start I got my impala because we'll I've always wanted one I love the way they look and because the car I previously had got totaled on April 2 2014 when someone decided to run a red light and t-bone the front driver side which in turn shattered my ankle and required me to get a plate and 4 screws in/on my ankle.

Before I had the imp I had a 2009 Toyota Rav4 handed down to me from my mom who was buying a new car for herself.

Here's a couple pics of my rav4 from the accident and my ankle then and now.

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts
That looks painful :yikes:

I bought my Imp simply because it was the best car for the money

I don't have pics, but my 92 Caprice was becoming less than reliable, and I was to inherit an 02 Saturn L200 5 speed. That was totaled about 2 months before I was supposed to get it

·
Registered
100 Posts
:eek:k3: Post pics of the imp!

I bought mine because my 1997 Nissan Altima (first car) was rolling on 440,000 miles, and I simply wanted a newer car

Sold the altima to a buddy (still running just fine)

I've always wanted a th gen impala. To me, they just looked really cool. Cops use them, too.

Went to Spokane and picked mine up for 5K. Second car I've ever had, and I have fun in it. Can't get over how beautiful they look

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice man I love your impala RYD and that sucks that your caprice got bad those are cool cars

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts
Nice man I love your impala RYD and that sucks that your caprice got bad those are cool cars
Yeah, I mean it was beat. Dented up and a bit rusty. Closing in on 200k, and was having to replace part after part, and the MPGs kept dropping. Just wanted something I could hop in and not worry about breaking down.

Oh and it was a Caprice wagon :eek:k3: Love them, and hope to own another some day :hope:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I mean it was beat. Dented up and a bit rusty. Closing in on 200k, and was having to replace part after part, and the MPGs kept dropping. Just wanted something I could hop in and not worry about breaking down.

Oh and it was a Caprice wagon :eek:k3: Love them, and hope to own another some day :hope:
Nice man, have you seen the tv show on the history channel called counting cars?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I totalled my Ford Ranger on an icy Interstate bridge. So I wanted FWD, low to the ground and big. Although nothing would have helped on that ice. I got a very good deal on my 2012 LTZ because GM was running big rebates.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I totalled my Ford Ranger on an icy Interstate bridge. So I wanted FWD, low to the ground and big. Although nothing would have helped on that ice. I got a very good deal on my 2012 LTZ because GM was running big rebates.
Nice man I love ltz's

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:eek:k3: Post pics of the imp!

I bought mine because my 1997 Nissan Altima (first car) was rolling on 440,000 miles, and I simply wanted a newer car

Sold the altima to a buddy (still running just fine)

I've always wanted a th gen impala. To me, they just looked really cool. Cops use them, too.

Went to Spokane and picked mine up for 5K. Second car I've ever had, and I have fun in it. Can't get over how beautiful they look

This is my impala

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts
Nice man, have you seen the tv show on the history channel called counting cars?
Are you kidding me? One of my favorite shows along with Fast & Loud :eek:k3:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you kidding me? One of my favorite shows along with Fast & Loud :eek:k3:
There was an episode with a old impala wagon idk the proper name for it but it was sick

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts
That orange '63? Loved that one :eek:k3:

On a side note, please please PLEASE resize that sig pic :cool:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That orange '63? Loved that one :eek:k3:

On a side note, please please PLEASE resize that sig pic :cool:
How do I do that I thought it looked too big idk how to do that on mobile tho

·
Go Get It
15,059 Posts
ResizeMe. or upload it via the Sig Pic function

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got my impala in February. I was looking for a fusion (4cyl) but all he had on the lot was an AWD one and I didn't want to pay 20% apr at the buy here pay here lot in the next city 4 the other one.

I had traded in my 05 ford taurus se flexfuel for it. The Taurus was rusted with softball size holes in it. Smoked on start up and had a bad leaking timing cover and was not worth putting money into.

I love my impala to death it is my baby, I spend a lot of my check on her. I'm glad I did not go for tht cobalt I was looking at the week before. This car was worth the wait.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my impala in February. I was looking for a fusion (4cyl) but all he had on the lot was an AWD one and I didn't want to pay 20% apr at the buy here pay here lot in the next city 4 the other one.

I had traded in my 05 ford taurus se flexfuel for it. The Taurus was rusted with softball size holes in it. Smoked on start up and had a bad leaking timing cover and was not worth putting money into.

I love my impala to death it is my baby, I spend a lot of my check on her. I'm glad I did not go for tht cobalt I was looking at the week before. This car was worth the wait.
Lol yeah impalas are definitely better than cobalts

·
Registered
621 Posts
I bought my Impala because my previous car, a 1998 Mercedes was starting to get old. 200,000 miles and it would shake a lot and would run hot sometimes. I always wanted an Impala, but couldn't afford one. After saving up for about 2 years, I finally had enough. Most 7th gens in good condition with low miles in my area could go for almost $5000 when the most I would have is $2500 to spend. I found a fully loaded impala in good condition and I couldn't pass it up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
231 Posts
Lol yeah impalas are definitely better than cobalts
I was mainly looking 4 a 4 cyl car and I looked at fusions and a few cobalt and man working in a shop and working on them they r just money pits always needing shocks and struts because they r leaking and belt always cracked. Rough ride and noisy.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was mainly looking 4 a 4 cyl car and I looked at fusions and a few cobalt and man working in a shop and working on them they r just money pits always needing shocks and struts because they r leaking and belt always cracked. Rough ride and noisy.
Yeah fer sure

1 - 20 of 91 Posts