Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one ISN'T out on the general internet (far as I can tell anyway...?!)

In my other thread here "Tires replaced...thru Chevy", my last post has the # of a type of bulletin you can "probably" get printed @ your dealer.
It's sorta-NOT a normal TSB :dunno:.
Its issue date was Dec. 2011.

Faron

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P-I # here too...

This is on my other thread too:

The remainder of THIS "Preliminary Info." is on my other Tires-Replaced thread in this forum....

New Bulletin Info...
Hey gang...

Well, at last, I went to the Chevy dealer here, and got printouts of the familiar TSB#08032A, AND....the "other" bulletin I previously had!

It's a "PI" (Preliminary Information) bulletin, which upon internet searches, implies it's not really for full public release apparently. It was freely printed for me at the dealer though!! So maybe it's only "kinda" secret...:dizzy: !?!?!?

Anyway...it's Bulletin >>> PIC5406A. :clap::cool:
( dated Dec. 16, 2011 )
"Subject: Rear camber adj. and/or rear tire wear on the inside edges-Police and Non-Police.
Models: 2007-2011 Chevrolet Impala (without 9C1/9C3)
2007-2011 Chevrolet Impala (9C1/9C3)"

This sheet DOES reference the 08032A VIN - breakdown to be eligible, but why would this bulletin also state...Police AND NON-POLICE...:cool:??

It goes on to state that if a customer has concerns of the famous rear tire wear, to.... "start out by measuring & documenting on the repair order the Trim Heights. The specifications can be located within Service Information."

+++++++++++
Again, there's more to this on the other thread!

Faron

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Awesome, thank you.

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hoping...

:twocents::twocents:

Just my 0.02!!
I hope it advances some peoples cases.
Hopefully most Svc.-Mgrs./etc. can locate it...?!!?!?
:icon_pidu::icon_pray:

Faron

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Thats why I sticky'd it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys, I am new here and trying to find out some info on my wife's car. We have a 2007 Chevy Impala LT. We have had the bulletin concerning the rear spindle rods done and just bought new tires yesterday, but we still hear a "bump." The "bump" has something to do with the rotation of the wheel/tire. As the speed increases, so does the "bump." Has anyone else encountered this problem and has anyone been able to fix it or get it fixed? Thanks!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Please start a new thread for your issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the problem with my 07 Impala where the rear tires were wearing unevenly and the car was terrible in snow and wet conditions. I had searched for 2 years to find the solution. I had alignments and I put winter tires on and nothing worked for the snow driving. Finally after many calls to the dealership they finally owned up to the problem.

Replacing the spindle rods was not necessary, it turns out they can do a modification the strut mounts to make the holes bigger, then get the car in proper alignment. The way the car was designed didn't leave enough room for adjustment apparently.

Hope this helps someone because now that I got it fixed I'm very happy with the way my car handles snow now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you all for your posts on the forum.
I felt vindicated when I was able to have my dealership pull the PIC5406A bulletin for themselves.

Strange how it took me to do all the research and insistance that this DOES exist and DOES apply to more than just police packages.

Heres a gift! The PIC5406A from the dealer - copied on a crappy copier - sorry.

Attachments

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
so your saying with this bulletin ... i can have the dealer pull it up and get my rear camber fixed..? free? or do i have to have warranty?

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I described those Bulletins in my 1st posts on this thread.

Your Chevy dealer should be able to print them for you, as we've described here. I BELIEVE these kind of bulletins are independent of warranty, but ya gotta double-check.

My '08 LTZ, with only 17,500 miles, was bought at a Chevy dealer as a CPO. I had to use them for my 2 new tires, since they were the "CPO-inspecting" seller.
* My 1-yr. CPO warranty ran out Aug. '11. A different Buick-GMC dealer (closer to my house), fixed the actual rear spindle-rods, and did the rear re-alignment thru a GM-Goodwill offer/program they said.
* I had been using this Buick-GMC dealer for yeeaaarrrrs, so I had good history with them.

My "guess" for total value of my repairs:
* ~ $250 (all labor?) for the Spindle-rod hole re-grinding, measuring trim-heights, & rear re-aligning, etc.
* ~ $600 for my 2 new Michelin Pilot-Sport A/S Plus tires, & the M&B.
:wink:
I did open a case thru Chevy Cust.-Svc. too.

Faron

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh-
I forgot!

Thanks for posting those PDF-links Cory!
If I knew how to post links like that, I would've tried:dontknow:...honest!

Visions' car is pretty new apparently!

Faron

·
3,934 Posts
Oh-
I forgot!

Thanks for posting those PDF-links Cory!
If I knew how to post links like that, I would've tried:dontknow:...honest!

Visions' car is pretty new apparently!

Faron
yea mine is a 2011 but apparently im having the same issues with the camber and balding inside tires. I bought the car in march and been searching the fixes for the issue. I just want to know if that bulletin will work on a 2011 even though its not a 07-08 model.

·
3,934 Posts
so i qualify.! hells yea! This will save me tons of money from buying camber bolts, installation, fourwheel alignmen. I'll just print the docs out myself just incase they try to pull a fast one and say they cannot finnd any record or bulletin. Thanks for the info.

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let us know Impala-v!

The Chevy dealer here was so nice! They're pretty high-volume too...

(....I was DROOLING over a new Vette they had there late last fall. An all-Black Z06, 427 engine, 6-spd man, & red calipers. Black wheels too! Only $88,000.....ah well....maybe next year...:giggle: !!)

My Service-Advisor Gal happily searched with her computer, and printed out the applicable TSB's.

>>> I'm also enrolled into another 3.9l AFM higher-oil-use TSB. You aren't affected by THAT one.
>>> Many AFM-equipped V-6 & V-8's from ~~ 2007-2009 ARE though!

Faron

·
3,934 Posts
The Chevy dealer here was so nice! They're pretty high-volume too...

(....I was DROOLING over a new Vette they had there late last fall. An all-Black Z06, 427 engine, 6-spd man, & red calipers. Black wheels too! Only $88,000.....ah well....maybe next year...:giggle: !!)

My Service-Advisor Gal happily searched with her computer, and printed out the applicable TSB's.

>>> I'm also enrolled into another 3.9l AFM higher-oil-use TSB. You aren't affected by THAT one.
>>> Many AFM-equipped V-6 & V-8's from ~~ 2007-2009 ARE though!

Faron
I here you man its pretty tempting to go to a dealer and looking at all the shiny new cars :lol: before the impala I had a 06 ford fusion which I took in to get serviced and that same very day I traded it in at the ford dealer to get my impala. also to throw in more excitement I told my fiance to trade in my hand me down that I gave to her and she got a 2010 chevy aveo :eek:k3: :lol:

I might just give the dealer a call to have them check on there fancy computer and see if they can find all the documents. If so that's my ticket in :yahoo:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts