Impala Forums banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Alright! I have a working rear wiper again. More corroded wires at the rear of the car. Zero dollars spent!!! Multimeter paid for itself again.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
got to love it when a plan works out:eek:k3::yahoo:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
The adventure continues: Driving home last night I had literally just hit my high beams when they caught the eye glow of a large deer standing right in the middle of my lane on I-5. I managed to only graze the deer down the driver's side. I feel bad for the cloth driver's seat though! :giggle:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
The adventure continues: Driving home last night I had literally just hit my high beams when they caught the eye glow of a large deer standing right in the middle of my lane on I-5. I managed to only graze the deer down the driver's side. I feel bad for the cloth driver's seat though! :giggle:
First you say it then you do it:yikes::giggle:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I swear, I try and give Shammu love and all it does is give me headaches! :bang::bang::bang: My cruise control won't stay engaged now... on the freeway, with any right handed turn (however slight) will kick it off. :dizzy:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
More laughs from Shammu! :yahoo:

I was driving to work this morning in the dark and no cruise again :bang: I look back and don't see and light coming from the 3rd brake light area and figure I am not using cruise until after I can get home and clean the contacts again. But man... why is the car acting sooooooooo underpowered :dunno::dunno::dunno: I mean, it is dragging! So, a car catches up to me and I look in the rearview and I don't see any evidence of the 3rd brake light housing! :gaah: What is going on now? I look out the side view and I see light reflecting from above the rear of the car. The HATCH is standing wide open :giggle: :lol: :yikes: I found out the wife had been in the back of the car for something and she didn't get the latch caught completely and it took about 9 miles for it to release. So, no cruise because the contacts weren't engaged. And lots of drag from the "air brake" I suddenly had :dizzy:
What was interesting was that the cab of the car never got any noisier with the hatch open on the freeway doing 70!

Well... I hope you had a good laugh with/at me :eek:k3:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
New rear shoes :bang: I was planning on saving $ to buy wheels and tires for Shammu, but last night that changed :gaah: I had to buy 2 new rear stock sized tires with the $ we were going to use for presents. So, my wheel buying at a later date will apparently involve wheels that are 15" in diameter. Oh well... at least I didn't lose a tire on the freeway with my kids in the car!

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
Since you were looking to tow with it maybe 15" was the better choice anyway. I am going from memory you were towing the other toys right?

Much of the 17" car stuff has mediocre weight ratings at least last time I paid attention. The 17" sport truck stuff is big enough to be real hard to get under the skirts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I can't believe it... 9k miles on the car since I bought it in August and the 305 has 230k+ on it now!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
My wheels are on order... one step closer to the goal! I'm driving the wheels off this car! It is so comfortable to drive.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Round ones!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
:giggle:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
here's your sign:lol::lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I've not been around much lately, but Shammu continues to just cruise on! We just drove from Or-y-gone to LA and back last week... 24.23 mpg average and the only issue was turning off the a/c going up the Grapevine because it was 91F outside. If the rear seat was cloth instead of vinyl, I'm pretty sure my kids would have ridden back there on the trip.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
This last weekend was up to NW Washington and back... 25.2 mpg! The 305 and 72 mph seems to be the combo!
My windscreen suffer on this trip though :( Caught a rock on the edge and then the excessive heat took over.

·
Super Moderator
18,469 Posts
This last weekend was up to NW Washington and back... 25.2 mpg! The 305 and 72 mph seems to be the combo!
My windscreen suffer on this trip though :( Caught a rock on the edge and then the excessive heat took over.

25.2! Nice! I will have to check out my mileage now too....

61 - 80 of 83 Posts