Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, this car is liking being driven! My last tank of gas: 98% Hwy @ 70-75mph yielded a whopping 24.3 mpg! Wooooooooooooot!

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Well, this car is liking being driven! My last tank of gas: 98% Hwy @ 70-75mph yielded a whopping 24.3 mpg! Wooooooooooooot!
:beer:

These old B Bodies do great on the highway. My 94 gets about 20mpg at 70-75mph. Has not had a tune up since I bought it 4.5 years ago, and has over 300,000 miles on it. Take that Prius owners.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
mine now has 215k miles!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
:beer:

These old B Bodies do great on the highway. My 94 gets about 20mpg at 70-75mph. Has not had a tune up since I bought it 4.5 years ago, and has over 300,000 miles on it. Take that Prius owners.
Is yours the 350? I found my 305 likes 72mph better than 70mph. It seems to be the sweet spot.

My old Land Rover would get 13-14mpg at 70 and 17 at 75... problem is a ticket in Orygun is too expensive to offset the improved MPG :bang:

·
Registered
624 Posts
which one of these is not like thee other? i found this parking arrangement to ironic not to snap a picture of it... i bet those prius owners didn't like me or my romney sticker!
damn i didnt realize prius looks so big and boxy compared to the wagon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yeah, but what a Prius lacks in beauty, it makes up for in UGLY!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well I'll be...

Let me back up. When I bought Shammu everything worked except the cruise. I was told that it would work 'sometimes', so every day driving my 25 miles each way to work I would try it with no luck.
Fast forward to last night: My wife sees me backing into the driveway and says my 3rd brake light isn't working. So, I pull the cover, look at the bulbs and they are fine. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Then I see the contacts are corroded. I get out the drill with a white stone on it and clean the contacts and Shazzam! 3rd brake light works again :)
So, this a.m. on the way to work my cruise control works again! Who would have thought that a brake light being out would effect your cruise? It can't be a coincidence that I fix the brake light and for the 1st time the cruise works.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Cool, two birds with one stone.:giggle:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Did some more research after the fact and the 3rd light is in the same circuit as the cruise control. Now I know... no CC check brake light!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

·
Super Moderator
3,921 Posts
I can't really say for the wagon and make sure whomever you trust is being specific about wagons.
I did see 15 and 17" rims and I saw 8 and 9" wide Are you really still that open? Have you looked at tire selection?

Impala 17x8.5" wheels fit so maybe look up the backspace on them and figure from there??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'm still that open. When it takes time to come up with the $, it gives you more time to change your mind.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
:bang: my rear wiper quit working yesterday morning! Fuse is good, just done :bang::bang::bang: I need that thing just to back out of my driveway during the fall's cool mornings.

·
Super Moderator
3,921 Posts
buy a 95, then the door mirrors are useful.

The rear wiper motor never quit on me but the wiper never worked well for long on any of the three wagons I have owned. They get too dirty and just don't work well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
i don't get the first comment... my door mirror do their job just fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
apparently they have never driven an old air cooled VW!

·
Super Moderator
3,921 Posts
I drove a 94 wagon for several years and I never actually had any trouble, but when your other car has the larger mirrors you "know what you are missing" so to speak.

The wiper motor was one thing I did not strip off either of the rotted out wagons I have sent off for demo derby so I have no idea how bad they are to get too. You gong to the junkyard or going to try and find a new one?

41 - 60 of 83 Posts