Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
well, the OG shocks are still there at 213k. I wonder how long ago they wore out!

What do you think of the wheels?

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
I have tried a lot of shocks over the years from the basic Gariels that need changing at the same interval as oil to Bilsteins which are the best I have tried. Far as how long the stockers have been shot I think that would depend on the terrain the car has lived in.

Far as wheels, "pretty" aint my thing so I don't have an opinion. Probably 6 years ago a deer totalled the car, I fixed it and put the cash into speed parts.
4 Ores Photos - True Street Oct 09/True-Street-Oct-09-092 That was an 11.8 pass at Union Grove which is 150miles from home. Only time the car has ever been trailered was for exhaust work.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i am going to keep my 'speed parts' to my VW. in a way, that is sad because it takes much more $ to make a VW go fast than a 350. If VW heads that flowed well were as cheap (i know they aren't that cheap) as a Chevy head, I'd be a happy man!
I like fast cars, but this one I need to have be just reliable and not look like a g-pa ride ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
If you had begun with an LT1 you could have it run 13s on regular street rubber, handle, tow and daily drive dead reliable. Having multiple cars you mod is a really really bad idea though so starting with the TBI 305 which is a lot harder to get performance out of was actually a really good idea. If you had the LT1 you7 would start tinkering and it would snowball.

A fiend has a heads/cam Caprice for him and his old cam only setup and higher stall are in his wife's daily that is driven year round her in WI. She is hell on tires too, well known for her burnouts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Having multiple cars you mod is a really really bad idea though
:giggle: Not laughing at you, but with you...

The only vehicles I own that are stock are the wife's mini van, and this car. And yes, it does slow progress a bunch!

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
I know a guy who has multiple 90s Impala SS, some 80s sportbike that was top of the heap for it's time, a blues brothers car and I am sure some other stuff. He drools over what I have done to my car but his are 100% stock because he spreads his play money too thin.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My Impala grill finally arrived! Now, why didn't they say I needed the badge too? GRRRRRR!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Grill fitments are in the same location, but use different fasteners... of course, they were not included :bang: I have the grill on, and while looking better, it looks odd without the bow tie.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sorry, no pics until I get a grill badge from somewhere. It just looks WRONG right now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I had to pull the hub caps. The had the wheels too out of balance. So, trim rings on badly painted wheels are it for the moment.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Two words: UG LY!!! With this look, the wheels need painted, the lugs need to be chrome or covered with spyder center caps!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
These, but without the white walls... if it stays this way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Okay,
I have used the search and can not find the info I know I have seen on this site :bang: What is the shim rate for each inch of drop on the front with lowering springs? I know I've seen it listed by someone, but for the life of me I can not find it :dizzy:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
which one of these is not like thee other? i found this parking arrangement to ironic not to snap a picture of it... i bet those prius owners didn't like me or my romney sticker!

Attachments

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
... i bet those prius owners didn't like me or my romney sticker!
Ignorant dummycrats.
Found this several years ago when Toyota was trying to defend itself against claims of how "bad" the production of the prius was for the environment:
After
all the numbers had been crunched, among vehicles sold in the U.S. in the 2005
calendar year, CNW found the least expensive vehicle to be the Scion xB at 48
cents per mile in overall energy costs. The most energy-expensive vehicle was
the Maybach at
$11.58 per mile in energy costs over its estimated lifetime. The VW Phaeton,
Rolls-Royce line, and Bentley line followed closely behind. In all of these
instances, these are overall energy costs incurred from inception through
disposal, not energy costs associated only with vehicle ownership.

To
compare, the Toyota Prius involves $3.25 per mile in energy costs over its
lifetime, according to CNW, while several full-size SUVs scored lower. A Dodge
Viper involves only $2.18 in energy per mile over its lifetime. The Range Rover
Sport costs $2.42, and the Cadillac Escalade costs $2.75.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like a very cool build. :eek:k3:

21 - 40 of 83 Posts