Impala Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as many of you have known, I have had numerous issues with Papa SSmirf and I am completely upside down and under water with the thing. So with a twist of luck, things have wound up making a break for me. As of right now, I have less than 48 hours left with the Impala, and I have found something else to keep my spirits up and enjoy at the same time...

I was trying to keep this under wraps until I picked it up Tuesday night, but I am too damn excited to keep it a secret from my fellow gear heads. As you can see below, I happened to find and score a 2012 Buick Regal GS. And a little luckier this time, as this Regal still has a bit of its original powertrain warranty left to it, and I plan on buying an extended warranty once my TEP transmission sells (-see my post in the classifieds section for more details...). Even though it's not the AWD version, it does have the 6-speed standard transmission, and is really surprising for the little 2.0 Turbo it has. It's got 53k on the clock, and is in great shape. And I was able to work things out financially too, including rolling over what I owe with the Impala also. So I am very happy to say the least at how things turned out.

So as of right now, I don't plan on leaving the boards. But it is definitely the end of my W-body days for sure. So I will be in touch everybody, it has been cool as hell being here with you all, and plan to do so still despite the platform change. Thanks everybody!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Congratulations! I hope this car is a lot more reliable than your old Impala was.

Reactions: LazerBlue07SS

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
So as many of you have known, I have had numerous issues with Papa SSmirf and I am completely upside down and under water with the thing. So with a twist of luck, things have wound up making a break for me. As of right now, I have less than 48 hours left with the Impala, and I have found something else to keep my spirits up and enjoy at the same time...

I was trying to keep this under wraps until I picked it up Tuesday night, but I am too damn excited to keep it a secret from my fellow gear heads. As you can see below, I happened to find and score a 2012 Buick Regal GS. And a little luckier this time, as this Regal still has a bit of its original powertrain warranty left to it, and I plan on buying an extended warranty once my TEP transmission sells (-see my post in the classifieds section for more details...). Even though it's not the AWD version, it does have the 6-speed standard transmission, and is really surprising for the little 2.0 Turbo it has. It's got 53k on the clock, and is in great shape. And I was able to work things out financially too, including rolling over what I owe with the Impala also. So I am very happy to say the least at how things turned out.

So as of right now, I don't plan on leaving the boards. But it is definitely the end of my W-body days for sure. So I will be in touch everybody, it has been cool as hell being here with you all, and plan to do so still despite the platform change. Thanks everybody!!!
When I saw the thread title, I thought this was a 'bot post :)

Your Regal has a 270 horse engine with a 6-speed manual - sounds likes lots of fun ! The Epsilon2 platform is huge for GM with several models on it. Hopefully that means it has lots of engineering refinements making it more reliable and also easier to work on.

Doug

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Congrats. It's ironic because we were cross shopping Buick Regal Turbos ( but not GS)against the 14 Limited we ended up with. A 2012 or 2013 Turbo was priced where a 14 LTZ Limited was at the time. GS were significantly higher. The Regal is a very nice vehicle. It just felt a little bit small and the Turbo, non GS version, also felt sluggish compared to the 3.6 in the Limited. If we had found a GS version in the same price range, that might be in the garage now.

I love, absolutely love the distinguishing looks of the GS and the rims of course.

·
Super Moderator
10,954 Posts
That six speed and 4 cyl must get pretty decent mileage with it too ..... yes ????

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations! I hope this car is a lot more reliable than your old Impala was.
As do I, but once the transmission sells that money is going towards the extended warranty. Because I am NOT going to have a repeat of the Impala with this car.

That six speed and 4 cyl must get pretty decent mileage with it too ..... yes ????
Yes. While I haven't actually checked to see what kind of mileage I am getting, I can say this much... I have had the car almost 2 weeks, and had to put a full tank in it when I got it. I am right now still above half a tank. Granted, I work 10 minutes down the street from home. But if I still had the Impala, I would have had to put a tank in it every week.

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And because I am surprised I haven't heard or seen Tony's post ranting about lack of pics, here's some from the other day when I washed it... Enjoy fellas!

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Very nice ride. I definitely would have considered buying one of those.

·
Premium Member
18,508 Posts
"And because I am surprised I haven't heard or seen Tony's post ranting about lack of pics......."

I don't get it.........What do you mean?

LOVE the Buick! Its beautiful!!! Nice choice!! My uncle has one, but has the auto, not the 6 speed....Congrats!! Enjoy it!!!

Attachments

Reactions: LazerBlue07SS

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys!!! I am still in love with it, and have a good feeling that I will for many years to come!

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
383 Posts
Stud car there Sir!
My Wife sure loves her 2014 AWD-Turbo Prem II, with Radar-cruise. Looks like you have that Black-Metallic? In 2014, they upped the power of the turbo to 260 I believe, for both the Turbo & GS. In the GS, the shift programming is a tiny bit sportier.

Congrats on the '12!!!
Faron

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stud car there Sir!
My Wife sure loves her 2014 AWD-Turbo Prem II, with Radar-cruise. Looks like you have that Black-Metallic? In 2014, they upped the power of the turbo to 260 I believe, for both the Turbo & GS. In the GS, the shift programming is a tiny bit sportier.

Congrats on the '12!!!
Faron
Thanks very much! The color is Carbon Black Metallic, which in the light looks like a dark charcoal grey. And mine issue rated at 275HP & 295 Ft/Lbs of torque. From what I had noticed for the '16/'17, the power was rated at the 260/295 I believe... And without it in sport or GS mode, it's snappy and surprising enough on its own. The Sport mode is more responsive mainly suspension wise, but a little bit in terms of throttle/acceleration response. In GS mode, the thing is basically like a go cart - it sticks to the pavement, especially around corners while at speed. Throttle/acceleration response is also seeming to be different. While not a drastic difference between normal, it is a little noticeable.

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice ride! Congrats! Looks like a fun little car
Thank you very much Sir!!! Indeed it is. Still has plenty of power for the 4 cylinder it is, and has great mileage to boot! Definitely more luxurious and sportier than the Impala, but in a smaller, sharper looking package. :eek:k3::beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts