Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Premiers this Wednesday on SPEED network. I dunno, I'm gonna tune in, time will tell how good it is, sounds a lot like Top Gear only without the Stig.....I think he's a little jaded that he got bumped from Top Gear USA...I did like him on Love Line though, so maybe this will be good too.

"Funnyman and automotive freak, Adam Carolla, brings you the ultimate car lover’s show, featuring awesome cars, epic driving adventures and the best of automotive culture. It’s the perfect mix of comedy, shop talk and eye candy brought to you by Adam and his co-hosts, Pulitzer Prize-winning automotive journalist Dan Neil; “TheSmokingTire.com” founder Matt Farah; and former NBA Champion John Salley. Premieres Wednesday, July 13th at 10pm ET only on SPEED."

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Sounds like what top gear USA was supposed to be before the producers f***ed it up

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, yeah, it will be interesting...

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
I dont particuarly like Adam Carolla. I like TG USA the way it is. The guys have to find their groove, but are on their way, I think.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree completely! I will tune in and check it out since I'm a car nut and I like to check all the car shows out, but time will tell how good it is. It's funny, there aren't too many car shows that make it past one or two seasons anyways..

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Carolla was supposed to be the host on top gear USA, I think one of those other guys was too. They actually made the pilot, but the producers threw it out. I think he could be the American version of clarkson for sure.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he was, I think he was replaced by the ny comic, adam farerra....but I think corolla would have been even worse than the adam they have..I don't think he's funny enough, he kinda slurs his words together and drones on...otherwise he's an american version of clarkson though.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well boys, the first episode was last night. Who saw it? What'd you think?

I myself thought the comedy was as lame as I was expecting it to be....some of the skits were lame, but that's to be expected of a new show as well. I think it does have the potential to make it past the first season, unlike many a car show.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Didnt see it. I was watching TopGear and Dr. Who on my DVR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts