Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is wrong with my blinkers. When I put the right blinker on it blinks normally, but when I put the left blinker on it blinks really fast and sometime they just don't work at all. Does anybody know what could be wrong with them and how I could get them fixed?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With your car running and in park, turn on the left turn signal. Get out of the car and check to see if the front blinker is working. If it is, but blinking rapidly, check the rear blinker. If the rear is burnt out the front bulb will blink faster, or vice versa. The front bulbs are located in the headlight housing, just pull the two retaining clips out and the headlight housing pulls straight out. Then replace the bulb. The rear bulbs should be located in the trunk, just pull the carpet back to access them.

If you are having problems with the blinkers and the bulbs aren't burnt out you may have a problem with the Hazard/Blinker combo switch. It's the big black button with the red/orange triangle on it next to the radio. This is a common problem and can be fixed by the average person. It requires removing the dashboard face, and pulling out and replacing the switch. It shouldn't cost more than $55 for the switch. You're probably looking at about $120 to get it installed by a mechanic or at the dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts