Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 386 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
LOL, my uncle has a gold 7 series and I had them side by side yesterday and mine is considerably lighter and less old-man-ish. haha

·
Super Moderator
18,441 Posts
Thanks, guys!

It's going to take some adjusting with the 8th gen. It feels a little bit smaller inside and the mirrors are smaller, but the ride and features are worlds better and the trunk is even more massive than the 03.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I was going to wait til Thursday for the GM auction to get a white one, but the price on this was too good. The color is definitely growing on me.

Mine are small too! That takes a LOT of getting used to!!

The MIRRORS, Scootty....the mirrors!:lol::giggle:

·
Go Get It
15,046 Posts
God those caprice mirrors were USELESS!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Its not the size of the mirror, its how you use it!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
:wink:

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The performance is awesome. Granted I'm going from a 4speed 3.8, but still. The shift points are a little odd,but I'm also used to my overkill. I will Def be getting this one overkilled. I'm pretty happy. The price wasn't a total steal but pretty good. Especially since it was in Florida for awhile so minimal winter! Getting it under coated tomorrow.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Nice! What does will have to offer for the 3.6? I wonder if he will do a trade for tunes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
ok i dont follow all the jargon now a days what does cpo do for you? im still in the 9c1 and w3x world, but it is a damn nice ride. like to pull the trigger on something newer, lookin under the hood, looks like a fun thing to work on if needed:bang: , still sharp

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Certified pre owned basically assures me it's been all checked over and I have all my warranty, iirc that's it. Some extra assurance. It's not necessary, but definitely a bonus. If you're looking into a wbody, the 2012+ is the way to go.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Certified pre owned basically assures me it's been all checked over and I have all my warranty, iirc that's it. Some extra assurance. It's not necessary, but definitely a bonus. If you're looking into a wbody, the 2012+ is the way to go.
dont temp me.... im going to keep looking at the pics and saying damn...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Congrats Don. One thing I must warn you about if you didn't already know.. I read you plan to instal a system. I have a 615watt kicker amp and two 12" kenwood subs. That goes along with the Bose system. Iv had quite a few check engine lights due to "low voltage input" so I'd recommend a secondary battery in that mod process.
Also turning off stabiltrak is enjoyable, by holding down the traction control button. When its on, hold it until it tells you stabiltrak disabled. Not sure why but it seems to have better traction/get up n go

41 - 60 of 386 Posts