Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Is that a photo shop...... don't have my glasses on. By the way, great progress Matt......

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Wow nice looking truck!
I've got an 02 GMC Sierra 2wd with a 4.8 V8 in it and I had a Flowmaster Super 40 put on it. Picked it up almost 3 years ago with 83,000 miles on it, it's now got about 95,000. Only problems I've had was got a code thrown shortly after buying it but cleaning the MAF sensor easily took care of that. Just had to have the fuel pump replaced a few weeks ago. AC Delco pump was $149 with 2 day shipping from Rock Auto (dealer wanted $350 for same pump) and labor was $299 at dealer to have the gas tank dropped and fuel pump installed.
Gets about 12mpg city and 20 highway.

Here is how it sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHpuRO-5g7k

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'd save some money and get rid of that plow mount yourself... cant be all that hard.....

but it looks good otherwise...

I myself would turn it into the "Fall Guy" truck

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Wow nice looking truck!
I've got an 02 GMC Sierra 2wd with a 4.8 V8 in it and I had a Flowmaster Super 40 put on it. Picked it up almost 3 years ago with 83,000 miles on it, it's now got about 95,000. Only problems I've had was got a code thrown shortly after buying it but cleaning the MAF sensor easily took care of that. Just had to have the fuel pump replaced a few weeks ago. AC Delco pump was $149 with 2 day shipping from Rock Auto (dealer wanted $350 for same pump) and labor was $299 at dealer to have the gas tank dropped and fuel pump installed.
Gets about 12mpg city and 20 highway.

Here is how it sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHpuRO-5g7k
I'd save some money and get rid of that plow mount yourself... cant be all that hard.....

but it looks good otherwise...

I myself would turn it into the "Fall Guy" truck
Nice rig, Impaler! Sounds awesome! I wish I got 20 HWY. Get about 11.5 :yikes: Need to do some tune up work, still not running 100%.

Majestic, to be honest, it's 30* here and most of the bolts are rusted on. I'd rather pay $50 to have them torched off than freeze my rear off trying to grease them off. Also, I'm gonna see if the guy will take the damn thing for scrap and knock it off the price. lol I don't want that paperweight in my garage for years.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
That does sound good :eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So I figured I would update this since I had something. After my silly plug issue, we discovered one of the valve covers was wayyy overtightened by a PO and at risk of leaking everywhere. Caught it in time. Could only find some chrome ones. Only nice looking thing in that bay. lol I'll get pics of the new covers soon, but for now, here's her maiden voyage out of the garage this year.

I've replaced the sparks, wires, cap, rotor, valve covers and battery recently. Soon I'll be doing an oil change, rear dif oil change and replacing the thermostat housing gasket because I have a little coolant leak there.

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nice! Glad to see she survived hehehe What's the front bracket for, plow?

·
Super Moderator
10,949 Posts
And its a PLOUGH !! the previous owner PLOUGHED his driveway.:wink::wink:

You live right on the lakefront hey Don. ?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
And its a PLOUGH !! the previous owner PLOUGHED his driveway.:wink::wink:

You live right on the lakefront hey Don. ?
LOL keep your stinky spelling on the COLD(er) side of the border! :devil:

I don't, I have family that lives down the street from the lake. I live a few blocks away. Close enough to get a good exercise in to go walk/bike the lakeshore when it's warm.

·
Registered
838 Posts
hehe silly Canadians :lol:

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
SOO....all good things must come to an end. I drove 230 miles flawlessly, hit 85 no problem and no complaints.

Tonight I go to start it....starter is shot or intermittent (Read: about to go). Thankfully at school there's a mobile mechanic two doors down. Not sure I'll have time to replace it unfortunately. I took all of last week off to do what I did.

·
Registered
838 Posts
On a good note, starters are cheap n easy, even cheaper if it's just the solenoid, and I'm guessing your truck is probably high enough you won't even need a jack to access it. Three wires, 2 bolts, maybe a spacer, and battery ground.. 20 minutes if you have the replacement starter on hand, which may be smaller in size due to newer starters using gear reduction but the mounting points should match. You probably know all of this but you know, it's a slow night so I have time to kill... hehe

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
On a good note, starters are cheap n easy, even cheaper if it's just the solenoid, and I'm guessing your truck is probably high enough you won't even need a jack to access it. Three wires, 2 bolts, maybe a spacer, and battery ground.. 20 minutes if you have the replacement starter on hand, which may be smaller in size due to newer starters using gear reduction but the mounting points should match. You probably know all of this but you know, it's a slow night so I have time to kill... hehe
I don't, unfortunately. Funny enough I WAS going to buy one to put in last week but put it off. They got me good...lol I can definitely do it, appreciate the info regardless. Slow night here too. Going to pour the next few days and she's parked in mud. Perfect storm (pun intended)

I will probably buy an ACDelco Professional Reman unit vs New because it's a $30 difference.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts