Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been kind of low key on the search for a cheap old Chevy truck and have found nothing but garbage, rusted boxes of crap. Well, yesterday I stumbled upon quite the specimen. 1982 Silverado with an newer front, which had slightly different (and better looking, IMO) lights. It's a 350 with a th400 trans, 4wd either 70k or 170k miles. Body work and paint job done about 6 months ago with a brand new bed. It's a full size bed, regular cab. Has an upgraded stereo and power locks/windows and also a lock/unlock key fob! Anyways, zero rust and a nice exhaust.

More pics and vids to come throughout the week as I get it retitled and insured.

Also, yes I still have both Impalas and therefore our house of 3 people has 5 cars, 3 of them mine. Oops! :lol:

·
Registered
519 Posts
That truck is absolutely BA but... 3" lift and 33 or 35's would make it that much better lol

What's the mount hanging under the front bumper?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man! I had to borrow the money to buy it, so no mods til it's paid off. Lol

It's rigged for a plow and the guy was selling it with it, but I didn't want the plow.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thought it might be a plow mount just never seen one like that but now I see the plug in the grille it all makes sense. Those old 80's early 90's trucks are great I miss my old one couldn't kill it no matter how hard I tried.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I've gotta tuck the plugs...may remove the mount for clearance at some point, too. I hope this thing holds true to the old Silverado legacy! Would be nice. Haha

·
Go Get It
15,054 Posts
Nice truck :eek:k3:

I have to buy a house before I can buy more cars....

Also, your neighbors have a badass Roadie wagon :eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RYD: it's awesome and MINT! He's taken really good care of the wagon.

JT: Just another fun toy. Always wanted a truck and recently I've got a little bit I can haul. (small fishing boat, furniture, etc). Mostly just for fun, though! :)

·
Go Get It
15,054 Posts
Good to hear. They're hard to find now days. I want to get another b-body wagon to have some fun with. A buddy of mine is building an LS1 T56 wagon

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Congrats Matt. That's a tough looking truck!

·
Super Moderator
18,469 Posts
Nice looking truck! I wanted one for a long time. Almost had one but the guy only dealt in trucks and wouldn't take my Celebrity for trade,..... :bang:

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Today I actually got the preliminary retitling/registering done online so I have temps. Now to send the title and half an arm to the state. I also got covered under my insurance policy ($25/month for the truck). I'll try to get some more pics tomorrow at work. It'll look more fitting in an industrial park. haha

Pretty sure my neighbors think the Clampetts moved in with that V8 roaring down the street.

Also, I never wanna hear anyone complain about gas on here...I get like 5MPG and have two tanks to fill. :lol: #Merica

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Hashtags don't work here Matt lol but hey cool purchase.. Hope she does ya well and can't wait to see more of it!!

·
Super Moderator
10,948 Posts
As I said to Scotty. ( who, I might add, has been conspicuous by his absence lately )

If ya aint gettin dirty and wreckin shit ya aint havin fun.

Whens the first mud bog run ?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zerialz, worth a try! The square body forum you can tag people like Twitter. It's pretty nice so you know when you're being summoned in a thread. Thanks for the compliment! I'll keep updating the thread. I need to get that damn plow mount off...

Paul, I will try soon! As noted above, the plow mount needs to be gone first. Limits clearance wayyy too much.

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Wow what a clean interior.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts