Impala Forums banner

ThatKevinC's '01 Impala LS Progress Log

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Revo2Maxx2016 
#1 ·
Well, I purchased an '01 Impala LS today. It is a replacement for an '03 Monte Carlo SS I've been driving as a winter beater for the past 3 years. I can't seem to stay away from the 3800's. The MCSS had seen better days. My mom was the original owner and the car ran perfectly, needing very minimal maintenance over the past 14 years. Unfortunately, the body was falling apart and this Impala came around. I couldn't turn it down, as it fit all my needs for a more than reasonable price.

This car will be more of a daily driver than a winter beater, and I'll use this thread to share a few pictures and as a record of maintenance for myself.

(Impala in front with the Monte in the back)

I picked the car up this morning, from a family friend that had taken care of it since day one. It has roughly 241,100km, and is old man beige with matching interior. I've decided I'd like to invest a little into this car since I plan on being in it quite often and putting a good amount of mileage on it. After bringing it home, I immediately did all the important mods.. which was putting in new wiper blades and a fresh set of plate covers :giggle:

I followed it up with installing a Pioneer single DIN deck (using a PAC harness).

Tomorrow, I will be replacing the front door speakers. I picked one a pair for free off a friend (see previous pics). I'm not very fond of JBL's but I'll live with them for this car.

See less See more
#2 ·
Woke up this morning to a cold day and fresh snow. Told myself I didn't want to deal with taking off the door panels to do the speakers. Didn't realize until later in the day that there is no need to remove the door panels, the speaker grille can be removed. So, I changed out the two front speakers.

It was cold, so I left the stock tweeters in there and just taped over the now cut wires.

#4 ·
Welcome to the Forum and Nice looking car... JBL is from a long History of Speaker company. I am not to fond of JBL but I do like where he was before he made JBL, Altec Lansing. Used to have a couple 15" that was hard to beat... Not anymore lol but was nice at the time... My main dislike for JBL was that he took his life.

Anyway Nice looking and well taken care of car. About the Tweeter, it is held in by a screw and only way to get it out that I know of is to remove the bracket. To do that off the door panel so in the case of this I would just leave it. Don't do any harm.

Hope you find many many years of Enjoyment in your Imp...

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.