Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Chevy Lovers. I just change my 02 impala's radiator :biggrin: "FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER":biggrin: and I just want to thank everyone who help me find new parts "really cheap" and for all the time and advice given to me. The only reasonable thing to do is pay it forward. I took pictures of every single step I took to take off radiator to put back together. If someone can tell me how can I make this pictures into a step by step picture guide so people like me ":confused and who don't have any idea how:" and won't ever have to get a quote on a radiator replacement for $700.00. I just want to repay everyone here for giving me the courage to do it myself and saving our family $700.00 to some it may not be a lot but with this economy every single penny cost :frown: so thank you again. I will be doing projects on my own "that I can do" and will take as much pictures and will be posting for people like me.:confused:

YOUR CHEVY LOVER
lalinzki:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay

just like myspace..okaythanks

·
Registered
828 Posts
You saved yourself some serious $.

You learned what's involved so that it will be hard for a crooked mechanic to scam you.

You showed your wife that you can do anything (or at least a radiator job). They love guys that can do anything, mine does!

Most important, you took the mystery out of the job, showed yourself that your hands are as good as anyone else's and that the job doesn't require any magic.

You can do almost anything by this simple method: Find someone who can do it and ask them. Sounds simple but this has been the basis of most of my learning. Most people who are good at things are doing it for passion, not money, and they'll almost always show you if you show them you want to learn.

You wouldn't believe what you can learn by that method, it's one of the most important things that I've learned, there seems to be no end to it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah

So true and yes since we having another bundle of joy every single penny is worth saving. Now what I'm doing is uploading the photos of what I did and make a slide show with text so at least someone has an idea of what's going to happen and where is going to happen:smile:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
So true and yes since we having another bundle of joy every single penny is worth saving. Now what I'm doing is uploading the photos of what I did and make a slide show with text so at least someone has an idea of what's going to happen and where is going to happen:smile:
Send me a PM when you have it done, I will make sure it is "stickied" in the proper place of the 7th generation portion of the Impala forum. That way it will stay up towards the top of the page to make it easier for those whom will tackle this job.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
K

I hope it will help someone or anyone at least something:smile: I was taking pictures myself so I hope its not that bad:confused: but my car works GREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT... THANKS GUYS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts