Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I've got a 2012 Impala LT. Sometimes, when I look at the temp needle, I will see that it's a hair above the halfway point before coming back down. Could this be indicative of a problem going on? Picture attached.

I'm not sure if this is normal and something I've never noticed, or something worrisome.

Grey Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hello Folks,

I've got a 2012 Impala LT. Sometimes, when I look at the temp needle, I will see that it's a hair above the halfway point before coming back down. Could this be indicative of a problem going on? Picture attached.

I'm not sure if this is normal and something I've never noticed, or something worrisome.

View attachment 166818

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I purchased a new 2012 Impala LTZ - now owned by my son. It has 50,xxx miles on it and I’m driving it this week while another vehicle is at the dealer for repairs.

On my commute this morning, I watched the temperature needle because of your post. The car was parked overnight, and the ambient temperature was 31 degrees when I began my drive. The commute was at speeds of about 35 mph.

The temperature gauge needle rose slowly to just above the half-way mark, then dropped slightly below it. The HVAC heat works very well. The slight needle drop indicates the engine thermostat opened.

Recently I helped my son change the DexCool engine coolant in this vehicle based upon time (5 years). It was the second time it was changed.

I believe your vehicle is operating normally. Is there a recent issue that has caused this concern? Have you checked the coolant level in the reservoir (there is no radiator cap)?

On another matter, here is a link to a 2012 Impala TSB involving wiring problems. Some of these issues occurred after I bought the vehicle new. This MAY help you in the future with other issues: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2012/MC-10071203-3639.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts