Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Ed, iirc, with dual climate control, there are 3 hvac actuators in the pass. glovebox area: rh temp, mode (vent) and recirc. Only actuator between the steering wheel and radio is the lh temp. All are the same part# except the mode (vent) actuator. Looking into the glovebox opening, rh temp is on the left, mode (vent) is atop the rh temp and the recirc is top right behind a large wiring harness. Lh temp is up under the dash between the steering wheel and radio accessed by removing black plastic kick shield. I've had to replace both temp actuators. 5.5mm (7/32"). $15/ea. on Amazon. Dorman part# 604-108.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Sorry Ed, 8th gen., '12 LT. Also had to replace the rh (pass.) temp actuator on son's '16 LT Limited (old body style). All 3 temp actuators were $15/ea. on Amazon.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I had to change the module in my car this past summer. The on nearer the firewall behind the glove box. That's the tough one. And the tapping would start when I unlocked the car, and go on for a while after I shut it off.

NOW, I hear tapping when adjusting the heat cold or hot.....?? Where is THAT Module?!?!?!:mad:
Tony, do you have dual hvac controls (driver/pass.)? Can you tell which side of the dash is tapping? Driver temp bda is ~ above the gas pedal. Pass. temp bda is behind the left side of the glove box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts