Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
at 170k miles i just had both temp blend door actuators fail. the parts were about 25 each on rockauto but after watching the videos of how to do the work, i decided to take it in to the shop. 340 later the noise is gone...110 for parts roughly, the rest in labor. if it's the driver temp blend door you have to remove the lower part of the dash. getting to them isn't too terrible but getting the parts in/out are the pain from what i've read/seen. plenty of posts on these forums regarding the blend door actuators for further information.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yeah, it's been a rough year with the 2010. 2600 for a trans rebuild and motor gaskets. then these actuators started going out. it was either pay to fix it or move on to a truck, the 340 was cheaper lol. i figured it was high priced on that job, but at least it isn't constantly clicking every time i get into the car now....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My wife replaced both on each Impala and bought them from Rock Auto for about $20 each. It took her 15 min. per actuator...
i have the parts, just not the time to work on them lately. that's why i went to the shop...and it was getting to a point where the window wasn't defrosting when i needed it to lol.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i paid in the 300 dollar range i think for the two blend door actuators on the temp control. i bought the parts but didn't feel like standing on my head to change them...i felt the annoying clicking going away was worth that price lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts