Impala Forums banner

Tape Player Problems

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SPARTAN sui 
#1 ·
Ok so my tape for my ipod is stuck in the tape player and it doesnt play and will not eject. kinda making me angry any idea as to what it is and can i do anything without replacing the whole deck cause thats what i figure im going to have to do. thanks for any help

#2 ·
I don't think there is much of a DIY fix for that, so anything you could do about it would likely cost money. Frankly there really isn't any sense in spending money on a stock cassette deck, best bet really is just to update.

#4 ·
Doubtful ^^. Even when tape players were current, with issues like this they (dealers) removed the deck and sent it in for a replacement in most cases - and you lost your tape in the process. I totally agree, yank the deck and install a new one.

#5 ·
Lol, yeah call the dealer, you can get a replacement for like $500.... Or, you can get a nice aftermarket deck with cd and iPod control for like $100 installed. Tricia cracks me up sometimes.

#6 ·
If your tape is jammed, you'll probably have to disassemble it and find the release (eject) mechanism. Probably wouldn't be too complicated, however, who's to say it won't do it again once you put it back together? Or the tracks on the player could be screwed up.

Anyways, your best bet is to just replace the deck with a new CD/MP3 player system.

#7 ·
He also said it won't play properly, so even if he gets it out it still will need work, probably the heads are worn out as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.