Impala Forums banner

tank install help

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  BAD IMP 
#1 ·
OK, here is where I'm at. I bought a Snow Performance water/meth kit and I need to come up with an idea as how to install the tank on my car. I have a 1996 Impala SS. I can't use the washer fluid tank, as I had to remove it to make room for the supercharger. I want to install the tank in the front, just behind the bumper and in front of the radiator. I don't want to use the tank from the kit, it is white plastic and ugly. What I want to do is have a nice polished aluminum type tank (or something like that). Any ideas????

Thanks,
Jim

#3 ·
The only other option is in the trunk...

#5 ·
Most guys use windshield washer fluid, which is 40-50% meth right?

#7 ·
As I'm new to this, I'm not exactly sure what concentration level to use. My main purpose for it is to cool down the intake temps. My SC setup does not have an air-to-air intercooler, so here in Las Vegas in June-Aug it is damn hot. I have problems with "pinging", which as you well know is a bad thing. So this kit should cool the intake temps down enough to take care of that for me. Well at least that is the plan...

What do you think?

#8 ·
I found a place in town that makes custom tanks, going to go there and see what they can build for me.

#9 ·
The tank build is in process (polished of course), I'll post pics when done. Should look bad ass!!!

#11 ·
Speedway Motors also carries custom aluminum tanks... :smile:
Dwayne/RM,

No problem, it is tough to keep up with all the posts, thanks for the info. I did research other sites (canton.com) for a tank. The problem was I had no idea if they would fit or how to mount them. The shop (NRP here in Vegas) went to does a lot of custom work, looking forward to seeing the final product.

Jim

#12 ·
The shop building the tank is NRP. They finished the tank and we test fit it today, so they know where to weld/mount the brackets. I will take it back Wednesday for the final fit, then the tank is off to the polishers. I'll try to take some pics and post them up. It is going to look real nice :biggrin:

#13 ·
Had my Snow Performance water/meth injection kit for a while now and I was finally able to get it installed. I took my car to the guys at NRP and they built me a custom tank for the kit. The main thing the kit provides me is it cools the intake temps down, as my SC setup does not have an air-to-air intercooler.
Here are the pics of my setup, plus a few extra .

Again a special thanks to the guys at NRP and Carl for the great job!!!!

#15 ·
Thanks! Now, time to start thinking of what else to do...hmmm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.