Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3" drop on 2012 Camaro rims, looking to go lower and slam it on C6 Corvette rims to give it a wide American muscle stance. Big plans for this months mods taking Octobers IOTM!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
Yeah, definitely going to take more than a set of wheels and a drop to take IOTM! One he sees what he's up against, I think he'll realize that it takes a lot more customization to win IOTM.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,410 Posts
We may be a little behind here.....October will be open for submissions soon, I think. :nerd You can post your submission then, Ugly LT. I like the rims.....ALOT! :beer:

Jeff?? :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol I love the competition, but you're right JT it does take more than wheels and a drop, but that's not all I have. It'll take some time. Anyhow, I would love to see you guys run for IOTM, the completion would be good.

·
Registered
774 Posts
:giggle::giggle:

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
I don't enter IOTM - not my cup of tea.

But, just so you know, your're only allowed 2 pictures and that's it (no text descriptions or videos or anything like that). So things like your exhaust work won't be evident in the IOTM - that's why I mentioned "wheels and a drop" - because that's all thats really visible from the pics (and tint, but almost all entries have tint).

Examples of what some other IOTM entires have: aftermarket/custom headlights, aftermarket/custom taillights, custom vinyl work, wheels, engine compartment mods, custom grilles, "body lighting" mods (under-glow, wheel-glow, grille-glow), etc. Plus, ANY year Impala can enter, so sometimes you get fully-restored classic Impalas, which no 8th gen can ever compare to. :)

Just a heads up of what others have... You can go look at previous IOTM competitions too to get an idea of what previous entries have been.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're right. Aftermarket headlights look horrible, my hid's I'm okay with. Vinyls are ridiculous. I might as well enter a DUB edition competition LOL. But hey, we'll see

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need a 5x115 to 5x120 adapter. Nothing crazy looks great and runs great. Can't complain

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
Yeah, I'm just not a fan of the thin spokes - or the grey color. Just "bland" looking, in my opinion. But I do like them better than other non-5-spoke wheels - really don't like most of the newer, "honeycomb" type wheels that a lot of folks like nowadays (not really honeycomb, but that's the only description I could come up with!). I really like the thicker 5-spoke wheels (like old-school Cragars, etc).

But as stated, everyone has different tastes in wheels - so to each their own!

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
Aftermarket headlights look horrible
Now that's definitely a different opinion than most! Most people think the exact opposite - that the stock chrome headlights look horrible!

While I'll be the first to admit that you have to be careful with aftermarket headlight quality, there are some that are of high quality (such as the Spyder CCFL halos I have) - and also look *way* better than the stock headlights (IMO).

But in general, black headlights just look so much better than the stock chrome headlights - *especially* on white Impalas! They also match the black grilles that most have (or upgrade to).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts