Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought a 2014 Impala LTZ! I wanted to take the gold bowties completely off the back, I was wondering if anybody else has tried or can give me any tips, I was thinking about blacking it out, but for some reason I think it will look better without the Bowtie completely.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It is just stuck on with adhesive. Get some fishing line and saw it off. Clean up the extra goop with goo gone or something similar.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Exactly what he said. Fishing line and Goo Gone.

I just wanted to add, Goo Gone is one of the best for adhesive removals. When you're using some kind of chemical to clean off adhesive on a shiny new car, you definitely want to be careful about not damaging the finish. From my experience, and from others' experiences, Goo Gone is one of the best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I just bought a 2014 Impala LTZ! I wanted to take the gold bowties completely off the back, I was wondering if anybody else has tried or can give me any tips, I was thinking about blacking it out, but for some reason I think it will look better without the Bowtie completely.
Important note for people wanting to change to another bowtie! Use masking tape to make a box around the bowtie first, so that you know exactly where the new one will go.
If you have a heat gun or hair dryer, you might have an easier time using fishline to remove the old bowtie if the adhesive is warmed up first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts