Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is an 05....guess that doesnt really matter... but anywho, the question is, why dont the center tail lights on the 2000-2005 impalas light up? i think its stupid if they are just there for looks...and please dont say that mine are just broken:eek:

·
Registered
375 Posts
They don't light up. They were never supposed to.

It's possible to fabricate your own centre taillights so that they do light up, but it's not a job for beginners or impatient people. You also have to find a way to hook up reverse lights without the whole thing looking stupid (can't use the stock reverse lights after doing the quad taillight mod).

As for why they were never made that way... trunk space and penny-pinching is my guess. They're not needed to meet any DOT or MTO requirements, and they would cost more money, let alone eat up a little bit of trunk space.

You would probably find that the bulbs burn out more quickly if you had them in the trunklid, where the bulbs would be shaken every time you slam the trunk lid.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, mine would probly be gone pretty quick....my speakers seem to rattle the trunk enough. already had to replace the tailights in that thing once. it cracked all the way across....But anyways, thanks for answering the question you guys..appreciate it:smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts