Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased VHT NIGHT SHADE spray can. I been reading that alot of these performance/car customs shops use. Has anyone used VHT night shade on their vehicles? If so any suggestions or tips...?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nightshaded 91 tails on a 94

Nightshaded 91 tails on a 94. The key is prep work. The surface has to be very clean. I even scuffed mine with like 300-400 grit sand paper before I sprayed. Very light coats. Try 3 and see if that is dark enough for you. I put 5 or 6 light coats in mine(After 3 I scuffed again, just to knockdown the dust imperfections and put 2 or 3 more. That stuff works great. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nightshaded 91 tails on a 94. The key is prep work. The surface has to be very clean. I even scuffed mine with like 300-400 grit sand paper before I sprayed. Very light coats. Try 3 and see if that is dark enough for you. I put 5 or 6 light coats in mine(After 3 I scuffed again, just to knockdown the dust imperfections and put 2 or 3 more. That stuff works great. Hope that helps.
+1 for what he said. The key is prep work. I have read that a lot of guys have used that stuff and with mixed results. Just take your time and do it right. I have my 91 tails tinted DCM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts