Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Part-Time Canadian
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you can get the lenses seperated from the backing on the 2003 Impala tail lights. I tried baking it in an oven at work i had it up to 250 F and i couldnt get them apart. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
10-4 you cannot easily seperate. It must be done with a dremel or similar. What are you intentions? This will help us give advise.

·
Banned
667 Posts
lsx impala tail light cover Will make it look better assuming he wants to use all 6 lights basically he could cut holes for two on the trunk and the other on the left/right side

Some items in photo not to scale

also you can not cover the reflectors on the side

still going to require fab work and a donor trunk(so you can take the reflector space from the other trunk)

Attachments

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ That's ugly as sh. Must be led bulbs as they are not very bright at all

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think the intentions are cool.. They really need to come out with a bigbody impala tre light set-up again,

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
I think if you did it like a '62 Bel Air (as opposed to a '62 Impala) then you could get it to look good. You just put the second light where the reverse is so it doesn't look mis-spaced, and leave off the inside light.

·
Part-Time Canadian
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lsx impala tail light cover Will make it look better assuming he wants to use all 6 lights basically he could cut holes for two on the trunk and the other on the left/right side

Some items in photo not to scale

also you can not cover the reflectors on the side

still going to require fab work and a donor trunk(so you can take the reflector space from the other trunk)
its not going to look quite that gaudy i have the inside 2 spaced pretty well i think. and i wasnt going to cover the side reflectors where exactly should i cut with the dremel?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts