Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I replaced the bulbs with LED's I used

JDM ASTAR 1260 Lumens 7440 7441 7443 7444 Red Brake LED Bulbs with these

HUIQIAODS 7440 T20 W21W 50W 6Ohm LED Light Load Resistor Fixed LED Headlight Bulb Fog Light Fast Super Flash Turn Signal Flashing Light Error Code Canbus Resistor Decoder 2PCS

But they wont light up as tail lights, I tried flipping the bulbs and putting and old bulb in, and then they will come one once then I shut them off and turn them back on and they only work as brake lights,, I know I am not crazy, the outside lights should be on as a tail light and then get brighter as a brake light, right??.. are the bulbs that I have not the right bulbs?? description says for turn signal, brake and tail light, brake light and turn signals work but not tail light,, any suggestions??

Thanks,,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were the plug n play type. plugs into the old socket.. I did not try to rotate the resistor plugs only the bulbs. I will try that next..

·
Registered
479 Posts
they were the plug n play type. plugs into the old socket.. I did not try to rotate the resistor plugs only the bulbs. I will try that next..
If rotating the plugs on the pigtail does not work it is also possible that the pig tails are the improper size as some manufacturers consider 7440 and 7443 the same even though they are not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If rotating the plugs on the pigtail does not work it is also possible that the pig tails are the improper size as some manufacturers consider 7440 and 7443 the same even though they are not.
Wife had the car so I was not able to rotate them,, and I was thinking the resistor only has 2 wires but the original plug has 3 1 for turn 1 for brake and the ground. I am assuming I need one for the 7443? maybe I will just pull these and just add a jumper type resistor. I believe it goes on the yellow and black wire..sound right.. I appreciate the help. didnt know changing a light bulb could be so complicated :laugh..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts