Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone just working on some new issues and was seeing if anyone had some advice that they can offer. The problems are two fold,

1.) A family friend did some work on the car when I had it at their house and are currently out of the country so I cant reach them, but the problem is...there is what appears to be an original steel cable from the gas pedal to the carb throttle adjustment and they replaced what looks like most of it with safety wire and it is sticking very bad... So once I give it some gas it is not returning to the correct position and is revving the engine big time...I have no idea about how to tackle this issue or where to begin as I have never done a repair like this any advice?

2.) The window regulator gave out on my drivers side door and I realized that the door is from a 69 impala not a 1970 which is what I have. Thus it has a scissor mechanic instead of the sliding rod like on the passenger side. I purchased a new window regulator and the proper sliding rod to replace on my drivers side door but the pockets to work with are insanely hard to maneuver around and my hands barely fit in the allowable work space. Is this something I would have to cut into or hire someone to help with?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Problem 1 make sure throtle return springs are good and also order the proper cable not that bad to replace.
We are talking about a 1970 Impala?

Can't help on your window problem sorry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its a 1970 ... im not even sure what to ask for when it comes to the cable what would that be referred to? the return springs are good.. so im guessing that is the problem

and as far as the window problem no worries my friend had to help me put in door locks (super easy I know) but his hands were the only ones able to fit in there I couldnt even do that let alone take out the scissor lift mechanic =/

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
I had a friend who had a 1970 Impala that we redid the drivers window on BIG PIA, we had to get his 13 year old daughter to help our hands just could not get to some of the spots. Go into good auto parts store and tell them what you need should be Throtle cable around $29 at Advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts