Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...this is my first post! ok first off, I own a 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 5.7litre with around 65,000 miles on it. haah I was looking online, and I really like the Pontiac G8 switchblade key and the Cadillac key fob, and I was wondering (more about the Cadillac fob) if a GM dealership can switch it, as I will soon need a replacement fob anyway, or resort to opening my car with the door key *gasp* So can they replace the key fob, and can it be "upgraded" to the spiffy Cadillac ones, and I'm not too sure on the switchblade one...haha I'm assuming that'd be too much hassle for what it's worth...any input is greatly appreciated! Oh! and wth is this?? *points to picture that hopefully got uploaded* what does it do? It was hanging from the bottom of the impala, and I spent 20 minutes in the mall parking lot with a wrench twisting my arm to get it back up....

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Let me know if you find out anything about the switch blade key. My wife has one for her Mazda CX-7 and I always liked it.

The picture is a weight on the exhaust to minimize resonance, aka drone. If you take it off, you might (or might not) get a drone... that's all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do about the keys! I got under there and took that weight off. The only change so far has been the .2 miles per gallon better than before....haha I might just order an alarm set-up with a screen fob, I need to get one of those anyway. Getting stuck in Canada with no license plates, a keyed car, and siphoned gas sucks ass!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts