Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has an 05 impala and wanted a radio with an aux in port to listen to mp3's in her car. I came across a factory radio from an 07 impala for cheap, and was wondering if anyone knows if it is physically possible for it to fit.

·
Banned
667 Posts
My girlfriend has an 05 impala and wanted a radio with an aux in port to listen to mp3's in her car. I came across a factory radio from an 07 impala for cheap, and was wondering if anyone knows if it is physically possible for it to fit.
You could use a cassette adapter(assuming you have that option on your car) or FM transmitter .

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
in my 05' impala it didnt like the cassette adapter at all. I actually installed a auxillary input in my car. Its about $70. you just plug it in where the sattelite radio would go and the stock plug in plugs into that. it came with a very long chord to plug in your mp3 player. it was very easy to install. i plan on gettin a flush mount kit so itll look like a stock auxillary input.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ive also used the fm transmitter. Honestly it is not worth the hassel at all. The aux kit was expensive for how small it is but its worth it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Chevrolet Radio Auxiliary Audio Input Adapter Add iPod Zune MP3 Player DVD | eBay
This is the kit i used. With the Aux button on your radio you can chabnge straight to the adapter input. With the 05' impala it does require a power source. That is the extent of it, other than that its just plug and play. I thought about using a monte carlo or another impala the same year that had one but weighed the difference in price and opted for this.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
When swapping stock decks the new one needs to have a security relearn via a dealer. They are VIN specific.

I first used the fm module when I got my sirius xm but, quickly changed to a cassette tape. For the price of a cassette adapter it cant be beat! Unless of course you rip apart your deck and start soldering wires like explained in the thread by pbNJ.

Does anyone know about the cd changer harness in the trunk? I bet you could wire a jack to that somehow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the 05 is a 7th gen the 07 is an 8th gen. completley differnet wire harness, ive had an impala 2 days and i know this come on man. don't people read up -_-

·
Banned
667 Posts
When swapping stock decks the new one needs to have a security relearn via a dealer. They are VIN specific.

I first used the fm module when I got my sirius xm but, quickly changed to a cassette tape. For the price of a cassette adapter it cant be beat! Unless of course you rip apart your deck and start soldering wires like explained in the thread by pbNJ.

Does anyone know about the cd changer harness in the trunk? I bet you could wire a jack to that somehow.
Why would someone want the cd player in the trunk

Why? Who's going to want to ride in the trunk?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
People often mount a disc changer in their trunk. Some cars even come preinstalled that way. Installing one as an option to that unit would save them from messing with the current radio. Long aux in cables are cheap and might be more viable to get a long cable and run it from a disc changer in the trunk, under the carpet and to the dash. Made sense to me.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Why would someone want the cd player in the trunk

Why? Who's going to want to ride in the trunk?
dead bodies, bad kids, wife or you depends who loses fight :yikes::giggle::lol:

·
Banned
667 Posts
People often mount a disc changer in their trunk. Some cars even come preinstalled that way. Installing one as an option to that unit would save them from messing with the current radio. Long aux in cables are cheap and might be more viable to get a long cable and run it from a disc changer in the trunk, under the carpet and to the dash. Made sense to me.
Yeah but the impalas with center console 00-05* have a cubbyhole which can be used for a additional Accessories such as a cd changer.

*Except ones with 3rd cup holder

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Disc changers are always mounted in the trunk from factory. Unless of course you have a 3-5 cd changer in the deck. Any more discs than that requires a changer in the trunk (why? idk).

Edit: Anyways this thread is dead and down right stupid. Who is going to spend the time rewiring a complete harness to hook up a 2yr newer "stock" radio? The 00-05 radio's have a passlock system, anti-theft, and settings (tire mon, oil life, etc) integrated and you would never be able to access these.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Disc changers are always mounted in the trunk from factory. Unless of course you have a 3-5 cd changer in the deck. Any more discs than that requires a changer in the trunk (why? idk).

Edit: Anyways this thread is dead and down right stupid. Who is going to spend the time rewiring a complete harness to hook up a 2yr newer "stock" radio? The 00-05 radio's have a passlock system, anti-theft, and settings (tire mon, oil life, etc) integrated and you would never be able to access these.
15115013 Chevy GM GMC 6 CD Disc Changer Radio Yukon Tahoe Sierra Silverado | eBay wonder if that will work? has the same harness connector

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts