Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 impala, still under warranty has a major front end suspension problem. I took it to the dealer to get looked at, i let them know there was clicking in the front end whenever i made a turn, left or right. They looked at it and determined it was the tie rods and replaced them. My car is only 3 years old and has 18,000 miles, very well taken care of, i was surprised the tie rods would be gone at this point. Driving away from the dealer, i make a left turn and click, i go and call the dealer and i bring the car back in. After i have the service supervisor and the mechanic see the problem they take it back in, call detroit and find out there is a bulletin on the front end. They have to get the tools and parts, which takes a week. So i take my car back a third time to be fixed and am told at the end of the day the regional mgr. has to come look at the car to ok the work. The next day i am told they have to order a entire new front end suspension and this is going to take a week. Has anyone heard of this problem with the impalas if not i strongly urge you to get it looked at if you hear any front end noise. Any feedback would help or if you could put me in the direction of anyone who would have any info.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts