Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a better suspension package for an '06 Impala LTZ? Would I have to look at "SS" suspension package? I would like a little less "lean when I a turning corners.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
SS suspension

I can not recommend the SS suspension...I have one and it's the worst suspension of performance oriented car that I have owned. I am looking at resolvinig the same question...how to resolve the uncontrollable sway in the rear end, which is accentuated on snowy/icy roads...even with snow tires the car is hard to keep in a straight line over snow and ice...:confused:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
hmmm glad i have a rear wheel drive my shit starts slippin hit the gas and get back on tha road lol :biggrin: that sucks that the ss's suspension sucks specially if its suppose to be the best that chevy can offer for fwd cars

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ya I have a 08 ss, same thing snow ice rear kicks out and does any one have a problem with the ride? my ride is very hard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
New Rear Suspension Rods

My '08 SS (36,000 miles) had sloppy rear suspension (bad handling) & severe rear tire wear. I complained to the selling dealer & they replaced the rear suspension rods, tires, and did an alignment all under warranty (I had to pay for 1 tire as part of a "good will" deal) & now the car drives great. I have read that the rear suspension is weak on these cars. If your car is under warranty, complain to the dealer & get it fixed. If your car is out of warranty, check out http://www.bmrfabrication.com/W-Body.htm They sell heavy duty rear suspension that is far superior to stock. I attached a scan of my receipt. Print it and take it to the dealer in case they give you any BS.
Go to my garage & save the image of the warranty repair receipt & print it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts