Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Impala limited that I love driving. My only problem is the stock suspension is too softly sprung and underdamped for my taste. I have looked online for ideas from KYB, Bilstein, etc, and they only offer OEM quality front and rear struts. My question is, do the older model year Taxi and police versions have struts that will work on a 2015 Limited? I don't want to lower it, just a bit stiffer and stiffer dampening. This is kind of frustrating as it's got a fantastic engine and trans. I have built several Crown Vics and Grand Marquis using Bilstein shocks and Addco sway bars and the results were amazing. I just want a little improvement but I'm not sure about interchangeability between the earlier and later models. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Look for suspension parts for the Police versions. I do not know if the springs and struts are different, but I do know they use larger diameter sway bars.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I added the strut tower braces and really did not feel any improvement on my 2015. I am thinking of trying addco rear sway bar. I agree the 2015 rides to soft.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Impala Limited is not a Sport Sedan. It was designed to be a Family Sedan with no sporty intentions. Many of its intended buyers like it because of it's soft ride. There is not much of a market for making it a handling vehicle, thus the small selection of performance suspension parts. It is on GM's W-Body Platform which dates back to 1987 (31 Years). You may want to look into weather any suspension parts from the last generation of Pontiac Grand Prix, also on the W-Platform, are interchangeable as the Grand Prix was tuned to be more of a Sport Sedan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts