Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Anything is "possible" - the better question is how badly do you want to do so and how deep are your pockets? There can be numerous large and small differences between a factory blown and unblown car: engine/intake differences, transmission internals, drive shafts, computer(s), cooling, wiring harness, fuel delivery, and the list goes on. Might be a little easier if you were thinking to remove and replace the entire drivetrain from a donor car, but that is pretty involved surgery. Do you have the skills to do so? In short, doubtful you can just bolt one on and call it good. Probably more cost-effective to go buy a car which came from the factory with what you want.

Not trying to discourage you - just sharing some of the possible differences. What is the back story to your question?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my first car and i was looking for an SS but i couldn't find one that fit my price and milage range. i just want some more power and i was interested to see if an SS supercharger would fit on an Ls motor because they are basically the same 3.8.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think it will bolt up and fit fine. The biggest issue is a believe the NA 3.8 has higher compression than the supercharged engine (because the supercharger makes up for it). This means adding the supercharger to your car will have the compression too high. There are other things you would need to swap as well. I think the easiest solution is look for an SS engine and do a whole engine swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts